Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming home from the ballgame last night and turned onto a local hwy in Mexico. I see blue HIDs tearing up from behind me, I try and be good and ignore them, but he's into it and I just can't resist. At this point I have no idea what kind of car it is but he gets to my back bumper and I punch it. I was going ~45 so big gulp (my car) drops into second and breaks traction a bit. I halt his advance and start to slowly pull away from him at about 60. It stays this way until ~100 and I had no idea I was going that fast so we both get out of it.

He quickly changes lanes to the far left to get away from me, I follow him and see that it's a new e550. I had no idea these are twin turbo 4.6 V8s, impressive cars. Apparently they run a 13.2 in the 1/4.

So anyone wondering, a PatG tuned intake and x-pipe car can take a new E550. :) Either way its just really impressive what family 'luxury' sedans have become.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
S550 is what I encountered not too long ago. These new 550s are no joke and if you haven't beat them by 100-110mph give up. They are freight trains after that point. Good kill, they are formable apponents. The new 550s are as quick as the amgs made a few years ago.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Awesome!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good one. I ran the previous E550 and pulled him twice before he would give up. The guy was pissed. Just like the M3/S4 drivers out there. It was quite funny actually. Good to know the new ones have more in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.