Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a novice when it comes to waxing but the car hasn't been waxed in a couple years. What kind of wax do you recommend for a beginner?

Also, is ok to DIY carwash then air dry it on the freeway real quick and bring it into the shade then wax it? Or would that pick up dirt? No dirt roads or anything, just a real quick jump on the freeway to airdry then cruise back into the shade and wax.

I'm looking for the most beginner type of wax possible; I don't have a roto buffer or anything fancy like that. Also, any beginner guides to waxing would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am a huge fan of Technicians Choice TEC582 spray ceramic coating. Goes on and off much easier than wax and lasts a lot longer. I've never been a fan of driving the car between washing and drying for fear of picking up dirt, bugs, etc but its probably not the end of the world.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Waxes are old school. Nowadays sealants are the way to go. I’m a fan of Adams Polishes and their new CS3 product is outstanding. Adamspolishes.com.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm a fan of Wolfgang WG-5500 paint sealant. Very easy to apply and remove.
I would also echo others sayingto claybar first. It makes a huge difference, but is a big time commitment

Reactions: MadScientist
1 - 6 of 6 Posts