Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
G8 GT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im looking for a Cat back exaust but remain on a tight budget. i saw some around 1k in Ebay. Some say "for sure, do it" others say "are you crazy?!" have some of you guys dealed with Ebay for exaust?????? whats is your feed back??

·
Registered
845 Posts
Check out solo or Maryland speed. Plenty of options

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
pick up the phone and call maryland speed. they'll give you
fantastic deals over the phone that you wont be able to
get when ordering online. i would go that route before ebay.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
You got a PM, also I recommend Solo as well but go with what you like and fits your budget.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Find out if there are decent muffler shops in your area that can do mandrel bents. They should be able to do anything for less money than what an off the shelve CB would cost you, You can even buy the mufflers and x pipe from amazon or anybody where you can get the best price for those parts, then have the muffler shop fabricate the piping for you and put everything together nicely. Just another option out there.

·
Registered
528 Posts
+1 for Maryland speed. Got my headers & intake through them and they were great to deal with.

·
Registered
933 Posts
One of the advantages of buying a cat-back system is it's "tuned" to sound decent. Also you can buy one that's made out of a decent stainless so it won't rust out.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Find out if there are decent muffler shops in your area that can do mandrel bents. They should be able to do anything for less money than what an off the shelve CB would cost you, You can even buy the mufflers and x pipe from amazon or anybody where you can get the best price for those parts, then have the muffler shop fabricate the piping for you and put everything together nicely. Just another option out there.
From personal experience:

That route results in crappy mild steel tubing that will rust out like the stock system. Just sayin.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I did my SLP's from Juiced Motosports off of ebay...no problems at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts