Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveled from MA to Duck, NC for vaca and did some local driving while down there for the week, odo tripped 110,000 and should be 111,000 by the end of this week!

Car is still running great but continues to get nagging aesthetic damage, seems to have been cursed from the day I bought it in that regard....most recent issue is somehow my passenger side kidney grill popped out- I thought maybe someone did it just to be a jerk, but seems unlikely since there is no surrounding damage or any other damage to speak of, must have popped out when I hit a pothole or something.

Dealer quoted me $187 for the part- I have another thread looking for the part# but if you know where/how to find it let me know so I my be able to get the part cheaper.

Averaged 20.4 miles overall for the whole trip- local and hwy driving together (85% hwy), to this day I still chuckle when I see those claiming gas mileage in the mid 20s, all I can say is- you must be very boring to drive with lol :stickpoke::stickpoke:

I shouldnt have any problem hitting 150,000 which is what my goal is before looking for another vehicle.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice! You still running DOD or did you tune it out? Is the cam and lifters original? I plan on driving mine to at least 200k and was thinking of tuning out the DOD and replacing at least the lifters once the power train warranty is up. I got a oil pan or rear main leak I have to take it in for.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nice! Guess where my car is this morning?

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
218 Posts
We have similar mileage. I hit 110k a couple weeks back. I don't foresee this car having any problems hitting 150k.

·
Registered
528 Posts
lol your drive way under a tent? XD

yea i hit 105k shes amazing still lol
It is at my tuner getting a DOD delete cam swap and stall converter :thumbsup:

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts

yes yes i can see how thats in a garage like enviroment, let us know how that goes meng!:mullet: mine aint gettn a thing until she is paid!:bubbrubb:

·
Registered
528 Posts
yes yes i can see how thats in a garage like enviroment, let us know how that goes meng!:mullet: mine aint gettn a thing until she is paid!:bubbrubb:
You're missing out! At least do a set of axle backs lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Axle backs - the gateway drug for mod-o-holics.

Or is that a Cortex tuner? I forget...
Certainly axle backs. I have no idea how people buy a set of those, and then stop there, lol.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man I'd love to check it out after if at all possible...our cars are pretty much even mod for mod and we went to the same tuner...so I'm curious to see what that does for ya!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! You still running DOD or did you tune it out? Is the cam and lifters original? I plan on driving mine to at least 200k and was thinking of tuning out the DOD and replacing at least the lifters once the power train warranty is up. I got a oil pan or rear main leak I have to take it in for.
I have had DOD tuned out for the last 13,000 miles - lost about 2 mpg hwy I'd say overall, but I feel like throttle response slightly better and sounds better.

I think if you got 100,000+ miles on the DOD parts and they haven't failed yet, they probably won't.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
oh no! peer pressure into addiction for mods XD trust me, wen i get to modding her, im gna do a short laundrylist of things and not have to worry bout payments on her... more modding money????? yeh >=)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Man I'd love to check it out after if at all possible...our cars are pretty much even mod for mod and we went to the same tuner...so I'm curious to see what that does for ya!
Dude, you will be making an appointment with the man FAST when you see mine. I am so glad I did this. I actually had a damaged cam that was only getting worse. Good thing I brought the car in! We can meet up sometime for sure and you can take a look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.