Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Eibach Pro springs and the FE3 shocks and struts. Just a couple of questions.

1. Are the FE3 shocks and struts a direct bolt on? My dealer said it is non refundable if they are wrong. I'm a GM employee so I get a discount on the parts. Seems a logical set up for me.
  2. How long (reliable) has this been for you? I don't want to change them after 30k miles.
  3. What other components should I be buying? Shock and strut mounts?? Alignment kit? I'm a canadian and don't want to pay duties on kollar/bmr/pedders parts. Any other suggestions
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
2,578 Posts
1. Yes, direct bolt on.
2. These are GXP struts so they'll last as long as any other strut. Monroe makes them.
3. Get new bushings and bearings. Many go with poly bushings. I've heard both sides of the alignment kit being needed. It's only 30 bucks I think so grab one if you're worried.

· Registered
55 Posts
Same as what ^he said. I did the suspension work in my sig and I dont regret one thing. I would recommend the bushings also.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Yes, direct bolt on.
2. These are GXP struts so they'll last as long as any other strut. Monroe makes them.
3. Get new bushings and bearings. Many go with poly bushings. I've heard both sides of the alignment kit being needed. It's only 30 bucks I think so grab one if you're worried.

Thanks

I see you are from Toronto. Just wondering where you picked up your bushings, bearings and alignment kit?

Nice ride BTW

· Registered
2,578 Posts
I got the FE3s from the states. Pace performance. The mounts from BMR, also in the states and the bearings from a board member. I'm not lowered however. Stock height for me...for now lol. PM me if you need anything else. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.