Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so let me get str8 to the point my g8 runs perfect on cold start but if I hot start it it will crank over slow and when it does start I get a check engine light and the car runs like **** the code I get is a crank position sensor code I changed the sensor with ac Delco and did the relearn and still the same stuff going on. So as of rn my traction control won’t turn on it stays off my abs light is on and my srs light is on and the check engine light only comes on if it’s been started that day already if it’s a cold start and it’s the first time that day it will still crank slow but not as slow but it seems to run fine. now if I drive it for a lil then turn it off to run in the store I’ll come back to start it and it acts as if the battery is dead and it turns over slow and then finally starts and it will run like it’s got a misfire then check engine light comes on saying it’s the crank position sensors plz help the day before I bought the car he said the alternator went out I don’t think he put a ac Delco alternator in it. Also my head lights and interior lights dim as if I had a subwoofer hooked up battery say 68% and 14v charge when I turn my brights on the v charge Drops to 11.5 for a sec then goes back up to 14.5 so confused plsss help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have both battery and alternator load tested, (most car parts stores will do that for you) its either alt/battery is poop or you have a ground wire loose somewhere in the car causing electrical shenanigans.

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
Did your starter show good external conditions when it was removed to replace your crankshaft sensor ? Even thou you may have been lucky this time, its a known fact that most if not all of the several after market vendors that make an Alternator for this car, they just don't seem to work correctly. Installing a new correct OEM GM alternator always seem to solve the electrical problems an glitches (like the ones you have). Thinking you should go for a reasonable lenght drive with with your DIC displaying the Alternator/battery voltage info from the engineering page. Anytime you see that voltage drop into the mid to low 11 volt range, electrical things seem to start showing up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  • Have both battery and alternator load tested, (most car parts stores will do that for you) its either alt/battery is poop or you have a ground wire loose somewhere in the car causing electrical shenanigans.

• Battery tested good but I will take it out the car and try again I did have a 1k watt rms system in it but I took it out recently for obvious reason as my lights would go crazy when the bass hits but battery is from 2017 but might just go ahead and do it thank for the info

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did your starter show good external conditions when it was removed to replace your crankshaft sensor ? Even thou you may have been lucky this time, its a known fact that most if not all of the several after market vendors that make an Alternator for this car, they just don't seem to work correctly. Installing a new correct OEM GM alternator always seem to solve the electrical problems an glitches (like the ones you have). Thinking you should go for a reasonable lenght drive with with your DIC displaying the Alternator/battery voltage info from the engineering page. Anytime you see that voltage drop into the mid to low 11 volt range, electrical things seem to start showing up.
Will do that tmmr and see what happens and starter said Mitsubishi someone told me that was the stock one but im new to the scene and definitely new to the holden/ g8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts