Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEWS FLASH: Employee pricing event has been extended through 9/30/08, AND INCLUDES ALL 2009 G8's, as well as 2008 models.

2009 models include Chevy HHR, Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, Equinox, Avalanche, Silverado, Buick Enclave, Pontiac G5, G6, Vibe, G8, Solstice, Torrent, GMC Acadia, Sierra, Saturn AURA, SKY, OUTLOOK, Cadillac CTS, SRX, DTS, STS, HUMMER H2 and H3 SUV. At participating dealers only. Take delivery by 9/30/08. See dealer for details.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
That's awesome. My car better get here by then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Damn, just when I had resigned myself to waiting until next summer to buy one... I really wanted to wait for the bluetooth, but this deal is tempting.

·
Dazed - Confused
497 Posts
NEWS FLASH: Employee pricing event has been extended through 9/30/08, AND INCLUDES ALL 2009 G8's, as well as 2008 models.

How do we find where the 2009's are???

GM Buypower won't go to 09' inventory, at least the way I'm accessing it.

Love my 08' and interested in 09'.

RRM

·
Registered
114 Posts

How do we find where the 2009's are???

GM Buypower won't go to 09' inventory, at least the way I'm accessing it.

Love my 08' and interested in 09'.

RRM
If you go to the Pontiac website and search for G8 GTs, it will bring up a page with 2008s in the area you search. Then, in the address bar of your web browser, you can manually change the year from 2008 to 2009, and then refresh the page. It will then do a search for 2009s. This is the only way I know of to do it. For some reason, the Pontiac website still doesn't give you an "official" way to search for 2009s.

·
Registered
200 Posts
man...i need 0 percent. i get employee pricing anyway; so i am holding out for 0...god i hope it comes soon...

good to see 09s now on that though. drove a PSM yesterday and man, i now love that color. pics on the web do nothing for that color.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
man...i need 0 percent. i get employee pricing anyway; so i am holding out for 0...god i hope it comes soon...

good to see 09s now on that though. drove a PSM yesterday and man, i now love that color. pics on the web do nothing for that color.
You and me both. But I'm a striker blue, silver guy :)

·
Dazed - Confused
497 Posts
If you go to the Pontiac website and search for G8 GTs, it will bring up a page with 2008s in the area you search. Then, in the address bar of your web browser, you can manually change the year from 2008 to 2009, and then refresh the page. It will then do a search for 2009s. This is the only way I know of to do it. For some reason, the Pontiac website still doesn't give you an "official" way to search for 2009s.

IT WORKS!!!!!!

Thanks Mucho....

RRM:hail:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Got a call from my dealer this morning letting me know about this. He is rewriting the agreement! Will be saving ~$1300 on top of the Supplier Discount that I got earlier. Picking up the car tomorrow.

Wonder what will happen to those who just bought a 2008 to get the discount, but would have bought a 2009 instead???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wonder what will happen to those who just bought a 2008 to get the discount, but would have bought a 2009 instead???
Like me...I jumped on the employee pricing but really wanted an '09. What the hell!? Employee pricing was offered on almost every single GM vehicle except the '09 G8. Why now?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Like me...I jumped on the employee pricing but really wanted an '09. What the hell!? Employee pricing was offered on almost every single GM vehicle except the '09 G8. Why now?
No it wasn't. Just the Vibe and something else. (I want to say Aura)

·
Registered
114 Posts
The funny thing is, the only reason that I didn't buy a 2008 before 2 September was that none of my local dealers had the exact color and package combination that I wanted. I attempted to have one brought over from another dealership but didn't like the process that was involved with that (the fact that a) they wanted me to essentially buy the car before they brought it over and b) they were going to drive it over a 100 miles to get it here). So I gave up on the whole sale and just decided to wait until next summer. Now the sale is extended and includes the 2009... I would have liked to wait for Bluetooth, but who knows when that's going to happen? And who knows what kind of sales they'll have in the future. I'm having that "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" feeling.

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
I just took delivery last Wensday of a 2009 liquid red GT. That $1200 extra discount would have been nice.
:banghead: Oh man.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks, I should have searched but thought the info was to fresh...thanks...heck of a deal if you have a G8 you like on hand...throw in the $1,000 or so discount that is down here and it is better...

1 - 20 of 417 Posts