Pontiac G8 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
09G8GT MSM
78 Posts
I live in Tennessee and apparently, no one around here wants to sell one. Where did you get this price? I guess I am gonna have to make a roadtrip to TX or Va to get one.

I too am interested in the new rebates and incentives. Only because I hope they take more off the price. I would have one already if I could get a 25,000 price like a couple of you have.
I got it at James Wood Pontiac GMC in Denton, Tx. I just came in for a test drive and they offered me that price, no haggling involved. Now if i could just find 25,000...:driving:

·
Registered
217 Posts
From what I am seeing. They have extended the sale thru to the 31st. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yep same here. I took one home last Thursday but could not come to a deal Friday when I brought her back. I left with the statement that I will just wait until the next clearance (distress) sale. They called me Sat and I ignored them. Called again Yesterday and said they added 2000 to my trade in value due to interested buyer they had for my G6 Conv. (never liked that car)

I went in and got 2250 more on my trade-in and they mentioned they learned the sale would continue the same so no need to wait....blah blah blah...i got a new car....blah blah blah...

NOT as good as some deals, but I did well considering the G6 was not worth what I owed and ebay would not have netted me more $ either. I made the mistake of investing $ and taking 0% (in lieu of 1500 rebate) on the G6...that 20K is now worth 11K. Another fine decison and now on my second car loan...

So...there's my story, glad to be here...

09 Stryker Blue, sport/prem...no sunroof.

·
Registered
217 Posts
oh ya...on my overnight with their car ( a red one ), I got a flat and practiced on the fix a flat...it worked but I am damn glad it was not my car...or my rim...now for a spare somehow...

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading this thread, I went after one of the Southern IL Pontiac dealers with a 26,500 offer over the phone. The salesman sounded excited, said he would call me right back. He never called, so I'm sure the sales manager told him that I needed to get a life. That was Feb 28th. On Mon., March 2nd, I drove 220 miles to test drive a used GT. It was aweful, having been an Avis rental. On the way back, I called on my 2 backup used 08's. They both sold. I was really bummed. So I called another Pontiac dealer close to my home and offered 26500 on a liquid red GT, prem. sound / dual climate AC / leather / sport package. They took it. I promised that if it handled well in the test drive, I wouldn't waste any of their time on the deal. Their sales mgr. met me at the dealership late that night, handed me the keys and told me that he would call me at noon the next day to see if I was happy. In short, the car performed perfectly, no rattles, drifting, or shaky wheel. The only bummer is it's not a 09.5, so no Bluetooth.

If your close to Southern Illinois (near Western KY, SE Missouri, or So. Indiana), look up Weeks in West Frankfort,IL. Call up Mike Edwards and tell him you read Rob's post on the forum. He has a Panther Black GT, and maybe one more. I bet you can get it at or near the same price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was offered a 2009 GT with premium, sport and sunroof for around $29,000 to $29,500 (after considering my trade worth $2,500-$3,000K) including the $3,000 rebate instead of the 0% percent at two dealers without really pushing it. (No BlueTooth because I can't find a single car with it.)

Since I have a lot GM Dollars (and am getting some credit for my trade), this deal might be good enough. It certainly isn't brag worthy but didn't take anything more than asking for a price.

I'm going to make a deal very soon so I just need to figure out how to score pricing a little closer to what everyone in this thread has been getting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Saturday I picked up a loaded 09 MGM GT demo with sport, premium, sunroof and 35% tint for $27,000 out the door (24,800 just for car). About 4000 on the odometer.

For a new GT with just sport and premium, the OTD price was $28500. Another dealer had a 08 GT with premium and red seats for $21000. I don't remember the exact mileage, but it was under under 5000. That car sold within 12 hours.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My '09 MGM GT, 12 miles, premium, sport, sunroof, with Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth installed ($395 installed price according to the paperwork) was $26,164.13 +TTL. So, that would make it $25,769.13 without the bluetooth. Purchased on 2/28. No GM card dollars here, unfortunately, but I got a great deal. It pays to play hard to get! They were offering me any of their manual GXPs for $34,550 also. Cheaper for automatics. They had quite a few. Apparently 3 or 4 were sold in the last couple days of the month, so they definitely got some good GXP sales numbers for one dealer.

·
Enthusiast
962 Posts
Today I picked up an Brand New '08 Leftover GT. It's MGM with the 18" All Season wheels for $23100. It was at Hurd in Johnston. They have 1 White GT left('08 Leftover)!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pic18 - too funny. I test drove your car!!! It had a bad shimmy which I hope you noticed and got the dealer to fix.

I'm working with them on an 09. Just sent them an email as I have a deposit on my current vehicle and should have it sold this Sunday. I'm working with Mike Casey there and Chip the sales manager. My brother used to be the sales manager for Hurd Pontiac and worked for them for about 15 years.

By the way, you got a good deal as about a month ago they quoted me $24,272 for the white '08 before any type of negotiation. They are currently at $26k even for an '09 with premium and sunroof.

Congrats. Marc

·
Dream Car: 33bhp
478 Posts
Today I picked up an Brand New '08 Leftover GT. It's MGM with the 18" All Season wheels for $23100. It was at Hurd in Johnston. They have 1 White GT left('08 Leftover)!
Sounds like a decent price? What did it come with -- premium, roof, sports?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think Pics MGM had everything but sport.

·
Enthusiast
962 Posts
Pic18 - too funny. I test drove your car!!! It had a bad shimmy which I hope you noticed and got the dealer to fix.

I'm working with them on an 09. Just sent them an email as I have a deposit on my current vehicle and should have it sold this Sunday. I'm working with Mike Casey there and Chip the sales manager. My brother used to be the sales manager for Hurd Pontiac and worked for them for about 15 years.

By the way, you got a good deal as about a month ago they quoted me $24,272 for the white '08 before any type of negotiation. They are currently at $26k even for an '09 with premium and sunroof.

Congrats. Marc
I didn't notice a shimmy, but I'll look out for it. I actually wanted the white one, and took it out for a half hour, but it had a strange smell to it, so I got the gray one instead. They supposedly put an ionizer in the white one to get the smell out. Someone was driving it today, but it looks like he didn't buy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I didn't notice a shimmy, but I'll look out for it. I actually wanted the white one, and took it out for a half hour, but it had a strange smell to it, so I got the gray one instead. They supposedly put an ionizer in the white one to get the smell out. Someone was driving it today, but it looks like he didn't buy.
After I saw your post I sent an email to hurd to see what they would do on the white 08. They came back with 24500. I said don't bother. Hope to hear from them on the 09. I think the 08 is definitely out if it smells like you say.

·
scat
72 Posts
After I saw your post I sent an email to hurd to see what they would do on the white 08. They came back with 24500. I said don't bother. Hope to hear from them on the 09. I think the 08 is definitely out if it smells like you say.
I also sent an email on the white 08. I am not to worried about a smell as I work at a dealership and have access to a top notch detail shop.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I also sent an email on the white 08. I am not to worried about a smell as I work at a dealership and have access to a top notch detail shop.

I talked with the GM today regarding the car. He said it does not smell. I told him I would have to check it out. He also said he would make me an attractive offer. Not sure I would go for it but if the price is right, just maybe. Do you know how many miles it had on it?

·
scat
72 Posts
I talked with the GM today regarding the car. He said it does not smell. I told him I would have to check it out. He also said he would make me an attractive offer. Not sure I would go for it but if the price is right, just maybe. Do you know how many miles it had on it?
I actually live in Philadelphia so I haven't seen it in person. I just really want the car!!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I actually live in Philadelphia so I haven't seen it in person. I just really want the car!!!!
Just buy the thing so I can stop trying to decide if I go with the '08 or get the '09 with the options I want!!!:)

361 - 380 of 417 Posts