Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 417 Posts

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, I should have searched but thought the info was to fresh...thanks...heck of a deal if you have a G8 you like on hand...throw in the $1,000 or so discount that is down here and it is better...
Know there is/was a regional cash back in parts of TX and CA but they don't show up on the Pontiac site.
just bought a 08 on 8/30/08 wonder if i can get a 09 now?
Sure, a two-G8 family. :wink2: If you are thinking can you return the 08 and trade up just for the price difference? All you can do is ask. It would require reversing the deal you got on the 08 and that is not so simple.

·
Go ahead, make my day.
71 Posts
Got a call from my dealer this morning letting me know about this. He is rewriting the agreement! Will be saving ~$1300 on top of the Supplier Discount that I got earlier. Picking up the car tomorrow.

Wonder what will happen to those who just bought a 2008 to get the discount, but would have bought a 2009 instead???

Well. I kind of figured they woud have to extend this thing.....there are so many 2008 cars and trucks sitting on dealer lots right now.

I picked up a 2008 on Sept.2 with the GMS pricing and the 2009 would not have made that much of a difference for me. Cars are basically the same, save a couple of minor details, biggest one being the gauges.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'll tell ya, if my wife got the promotion she is working toward, we would probably be looking at an '09 sport red metallic GT to join the panther '08 black GT we already have.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I really don't see what is so good about employee pricing, other than not having to negotiate (which to me is half the fun). Every time I have bought a car, I've purchased it for between $200 and $600 over invoice (all new cars including a Mitsubishi Eclipse, BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and Acura Integra). Now if GM offers some incentives like cash back (say $1000-$2000), you would then get the car for less than employee pricing.

I really like the G8 but something tells me that now is not the right time to buy (in my case). I believe I am going to wait until the Spring and then determine what to do. But I am envious of all of you what have new wheels.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I really don't see what is so good about employee pricing, other than not having to negotiate (which to me is half the fun). Every time I have bought a car, I've purchased it for between $200 and $600 over invoice (all new cars including a Mitsubishi Eclipse, BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and Acura Integra). Now if GM offers some incentives like cash back (say $1000-$2000), you would then get the car for less than employee pricing.
Employee pricing gives you a price under invoice.

Furthermore, while $200 over invoice isn't too bad, a really good deal would be getting them to price it under invoice for you, especially for common cars like that Eclipse and Integra. :wink2:

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
Will dealers except supplier discount and conquest cash on top of the employee discount? Anyone do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
WhyteSS said:
Will dealers except supplier discount and conquest cash on top of the employee discount? Anyone do this? Thanks.
The GM Employee Discount For Everyone Program price is lower than the GM Supplier Discount Pricing, so it would be the one used for a deal where the buyer qualifies for both programs.

The program should be available with ancillary programs where available, such as the Conquest Bonus in certain Florida areas on 2008 G8s.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well. I kind of figured they woud have to extend this thing.....there are so many 2008 cars and trucks sitting on dealer lots right now.

I picked up a 2008 on Sept.2 with the GMS pricing and the 2009 would not have made that much of a difference for me. Cars are basically the same, save a couple of minor details, biggest one being the gauges.
There is also the depreciation when you drive off the lot. The 2008 will depreciate faster than a 2009.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
There is also the depreciation when you drive off the lot. The 2008 will depreciate faster than a 2009.
Is that because it is a MY older? I would think being the FIRST MY of the car would be worth something in aftermarket, maybe even putting it ahead of the value of the next (and newest on the market) MY?:huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why do they always have to have the good sales when I'm deployed....especially when they include in it a car I want.

·
buick59
3 Posts
I just took delivery last Wensday of a 2009 liquid red GT. That $1200 extra discount would have been nice.
Well I am one of those suckers too I guess. I bought my 09 GT on July 31. Thanks a lot GM. Your little pricing games have likely lost you another loyal customer. You are killing our resale values.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Well I am one of those suckers too I guess. I bought my 09 GT on July 31. Thanks a lot GM. Your little pricing games have likely lost you another loyal customer. You are killing our resale values.
I don't know if you can blame GM or anyone else for when a sale starts or ends... because it's a sale. If they wanted to sell all their cars for cheaper, they would have lower MSRPs.

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
Is that because it is a MY older? I would think being the FIRST MY of the car would be worth something in aftermarket, maybe even putting it ahead of the value of the next (and newest on the market) MY?
I wish that were the case. My 04 GTO is worth significantly less than the 05. Who knows maybe in 25 to 30 years but for now it just makes it a year older car and worth less. :(

·
hotwhite g8gt
228 Posts
my dealer says as far as he knows (sales men) no employee pricing on the ^09 g8.makes me feel a little better now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
my dealer says as far as he knows (sales men) no employee pricing on the ^09 g8.makes me feel a little better now.
Switch Dealers!!!

Not only do we have Employee Pricing For Everyone on 2009s, but we also are offering an additional $1,000 off for "Conquest" Money (A Product other than GM being registered, in your household) and I will throw in another $250 off for board members!! (It's normally $500 off, but due to the Employee Pricing Event I had to fight to get $250)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Retraction!!! Correction!!!!

Switch Dealers!!!

Not only do we have Employee Pricing For Everyone on 2009s, but we also are offering an additional $1,000 off for "Conquest" Money (A Product other than GM being registered, in your household) and I will throw in another $250 off for board members!! (It's normally $500 off, but due to the Employee Pricing Event I had to fight to get $250)
Before I end up eating several thousand dollars in Conquest money, please allow me to file this retraction:

There is no "Conquest Money" available on the 2009 G8 Sedan or GT...................YET!

I apologize for any inconvenience or incontinence!

Hey!! Check it out!!! My 80th post!!!!

·
buick59
3 Posts
I don't know if you can blame GM or anyone else for when a sale starts or ends... because it's a sale. If they wanted to sell all their cars for cheaper, they would have lower MSRPs.
My point is that you expect a SALE when a model year is ending. I knew the 08's were being discounted. However, I have never heard of a car manufacturer discounting their brand new models at the beginning of the model year. They have some serious problems.

21 - 40 of 417 Posts