Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I disagree. Lots of companies run sales like this, including new models, for lots of reasons... this one being 100 years or whatever. Look around, you'll find them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
times

My point is that you expect a SALE when a model year is ending. I knew the 08's were being discounted. However, I have never heard of a car manufacturer discounting their brand new models at the beginning of the model year. They have some serious problems.
Well – that has been the typical GM mode.
These, however, are most assuredly ** NOT ** ‘typical’ times.
GM ( and virtually every other manufacturer ) is struggling –
and trying to deal with economic challenges . . .

Hence, a ‘non-typical’ sale does not surprise me.

- Ray
Lived through a number of economic cycles . . .

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
I wish they'd end it. Put some incentives I could use. (I already get GMS)

Although most cars have some incentives now, the G8, even the Sedans don't have any.

I'd probably jump an a G8 GT if there was some low (3.9% or less financing) or some decent cash back. Might as well keep waiting...either good rebates or the GXP..

·
Registered
50 Posts
I disagree. Lots of companies run sales like this, including new models, for lots of reasons... this one being 100 years or whatever. Look around, you'll find them.
In my area they are selling them at Employee pricing and still can't sell them. One dealer has an 08 888 and has been sitting on it since the G8's came out.

I remember a few weeks ago one of the local dealers talking about maybe selling the 09 G8's at invoice just to try and move them. Then the 09 employee pricing came out. Of course it's not just the G8's in my area not selling, most everything is a slow go.

·
Registered
135 Posts
"......It's not just the G8 in my area...."

In my area they are selling them at Employee pricing and still can't sell them. One dealer has an 08 888 and has been sitting on it since the G8's came out.

I remember a few weeks ago one of the local dealers talking about maybe selling the 09 G8's at invoice just to try and move them. Then the 09 employee pricing came out. Of course it's not just the G8's in my area not selling, most everything is a slow go.
Just curious.....What is your area?

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Although most cars have some incentives now, the G8, even the Sedans don't have any.

I'd probably jump an a G8 GT if there was some low (3.9% or less financing) or some decent cash back. Might as well keep waiting...either good rebates or the GXP..
GMAC is 6.9 but credit unions are below 4.75 shop around.

·
Registered
135 Posts

GXP? I hope your not holding your breath. There's scuttlebut and subversive innuendo that implies that it may not make it to our gasaholic shores. Nothing out of Detroit yet, but I still can't order one yet!!

Are you currently leasing? Until 9/30/03, there is an additional $2,000 ($1,000 for 2009s) for people who are coming out of a ANY lease that ends before 1/03/09 and want to buy a 2008 G8 through GMAC!! Combine that, with the current employee discount of almost $2,400 on the #6 package, an you've a $4,400 discounted 2008 G8 GT. And the cherry on top?........We'll throw in another $250 for being a G8Board.com and G8Forum.com member. (Normally, it's $500, but with this Employee Pricing For Everyone sale I had to fight for that!!!) for total of $4,650 off.

Also, if you live in Florida or California and currently have a competing brand's vehicle registered in your household, add another $1,000 discount for a total of $5,750

I hope this info helps...A little anyway!

·
Registered
249 Posts
nosbusa1500 said:
One dealer has an 08 888 and has been sitting on it since the G8's came out.
Both Sunrise's and Dunn's G8 GT 888s where originally billed and delivered to other dealerships (Indiana and Minnesota) it looks like.
So hard to determine how long they have been in Memphis or Madison.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Nothing out of Detroit yet, but I still can't order one yet!!
Not True. Got this email back from GM on 8/5/08, you won't be able to order one until pricing is announced....I suspect once it is it will be in Dealerworld.

John,

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of specifics to give you. We expect to start production in September and, given the shipping times, that puts the first cars on the ground sometime in December. Pricing has not been finalized, but I would expect something more concrete within the next two months. Because the car in the photos is black, it's difficult to tell if everything on the car is "production intent," but the photos definitely show a G8 GXP engineering vehicle.

Hope this helps, even a little.

Jim
Jim Hopson, Manager Pontiac Communications.
jim.hopson @ gm.com btw
(Car referenced was the engineering car seen in Austraila)

·
Registered
62 Posts
NEWS FLASH: Employee pricing event has been extended through 9/30/08, AND INCLUDES ALL 2009 G8's, as well as 2008 models.

How do we find where the 2009's are???

GM Buypower won't go to 09' inventory, at least the way I'm accessing it.

Love my 08' and interested in 09'.

RRM

We have plenty of them, all of them are full loaded. I do think we have a few cloth too though...red, white, orange, black, slate, silver, black.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On the topic of whether 09 get Employee Pricing-yes but at the dealerships option. Most of the dealerhsip in our area opted out of Employee pricing on G8 Gt. We didn't. They were so angry that GM announced it for 2009's like one poster said that was DUMB! But be careful most dealerships (even one I shall not mention) are still putting non removable ad ons to make a profit- like tint and pro pak while the salesman make nothing. Yes NOTHING because GM only pays a mini and that is only to certified salespeople. So everyone gets screwed during employee pricing lol. So be sure when you are shopping to say you want a car with only factory installs or you may see a grand or two added to your sticker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe that sales of the G8 are somewhat spotty accross the nation. And, there are readily available except for some specific configurations. They are not selling in Utah as dealers still have G8 GTs from May and June still on the lots. The car is a great car and I have one on order, but they are not a hot item everywhere.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
GM Buypower won't go to 09' inventory, at least the way I'm accessing it.
On the locator off pontiac.com, change the year in the URL from 2008 to 2009....

·
Registered
249 Posts
g8lady said:
On the topic of whether 09 get Employee Pricing-yes but at the dealerships option. Most of the dealerhsip in our area opted out of Employee pricing on G8 Gt. We didn't.
Just so there is no confusion, with currently available to retail consumers GM Employee Discount For Everyone Program, a dealership can not opt out from participating by carline or even specific vehicle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I believe that sales of the G8 are somewhat spotty accross the nation. And, there are readily available except for some specific configurations. They are not selling in Utah as dealers still have G8 GTs from May and June still on the lots. The car is a great car and I have one on order, but they are not a hot item everywhere.
Not sure you should write off your whole state as cold for one G8 GT on a dealership lot since mid-May, and three since June.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Are you currently leasing? Until 9/30/03, there is an additional $2,000 ($1,000 for 2009s) for people who are coming out of a ANY lease that ends before 1/03/09 and want to buy a 2008 G8 through GMAC!!
I had heard about this, but I wasn't aware that it had to be bought explicitly through GMAC. Are you saying this rebate doesn't apply if we pay cash or self-finance?

Also, if you live in Florida or California and currently have a competing brand's vehicle registered in your household, add another $1,000 discount for a total of $5,750
This one I was not aware of... Is this something your dealership is running, or are you saying there is a "Conquest" rebate going on for every dealer in these states?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had heard about this, but I wasn't aware that it had to be bought explicitly through GMAC. Are you saying this rebate doesn't apply if we pay cash or self-finance?

That is correcy. GMAC is orffering the bonus money, not GM.

This one I was not aware of... Is this something your dealership is running, or are you saying there is a "Conquest" rebate going on for every dealer in these states?
Allow me to say that it available in both Florida and California. I can't even imagine a dealership no offering it, but I'm not sure that they have to.:dunno:

We use it everyday and on everydeal, if we can. What's kinda cool is that it is ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE G8S!!

Once the Employee Pricing Event goes away they will ,more than likely, offer it on other models again.

As for the extra $250 for board members is concerned, that will go back to $500 once the Employee Pricing Event goes away.

41 - 60 of 417 Posts