Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I seem to have a problem after I drive about 10 min. When I'm at idle, my revs will drop/flucuate making all of my lights dim and then come back to normal. What it makes me do is have have to drop it into neutral hold my accelerator down to about 1500 rpms to get rid of it. I believe it to be an air leak. Wear should I look that could cause this idle rev drop? Also I seem to have a misfire problem when I drive at about 60-70 mph. Could an air leak cause this as well?

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Current mileage? Is the check engine light illuminated? Try listening for a hissing sound under the hood. Check around the air intake, throttle body, intake manifold, etc. Alternatively, have the vehicle smoke tested. Locally, a shop charges around $50 for reference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Current mileage? Is the check engine light illuminated? Try listening for a hissing sound under the hood. Check around the air intake, throttle body, intake manifold, etc. Alternatively, have the vehicle smoke tested. Locally, a shop charges around $50 for reference.
Its got 113k miles. I seem to get an assorment of C.E.L.s (check engine light) i keep getting either p0455 or p2097. The p2097 is saying I have either an exhaust leake or my O2 sensor needs replacing. But I don't know what that would have to do with my idle rev loss problem. The p0455 code is a large air leak which I thought was my gas cap and I was wasn't putting it on right or something. But no matter how many times I put it on, sometimes the code goes away but my engine still drops in revs at idle. Idk whay else to do.

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Picture attached.
Hood Bicycle part Automotive exterior Handle Bicycle handlebar

Reactions: slider879

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
What color is the lettering on the gas cap?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts