Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile ago I let my g8 sit all winter break (about two weeks) because I was out of town and when I got back it didn’t want to start because a battery problem and my keys are now stuck in the ignition, so therefore I went to pick up some new batteries for the key fob and the car. But now I’m stuck with an engine immobilizer code and a stuck key in the ignition and now I’m stumped and I need help quick!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
You could try removing the key after connecting a fully charged jump-start pack to the post under the hood on the driver side inner fender and a good ground. There are also some good you tube videos on this topic.

JAM

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Replacing the battery in the key fob does not solve the key being stuck in the ignition cylinder. That battery just powers up the fob so its buttons can transmit the requested functions to take place. An that can only happen IF the RCDLR has been supplied with good voltage from a good car battery.. For the igniton key to be allowed to return to the off/lock/pullout position, the cars battery has to be up to snuff to power up the important relays an solenoids that would allow you to rotate that key. If you in fact bought a new car battery, did you install it ? Or maybe use it as a jump start power source to supply 12 volt power to the car as "JAM" stated ? A car battery in bad shape (power wise) in this car, causes all kinds of bad things to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
GOPHERIT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing