Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· 2008 G8 GT
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . at the tire shop, check. Limited Slip Differential on a rear wheel drive car, coupled to a 6.0L V8 engine and a long wheelbase, check.

STOP=SpinTiresOnPavement FUN!!!

For the past few days, as it was wet and rainy yesterday, and either at night or in the very early mornings in remote areas and no cars, no traffic, no nothing around, I have been reenacting Tokyo Drift/rally car/circle track racing and it has been so much fun.

The long wheelbase coupled with the not-so great traction from the 95%-worn RS-A's has been a blast. The engine gets the tires spinning so easily while the heft and wheelbase keep it sane and safe. About as soon as I let off the gas and countersteer the car immediately regains its composure. It helps that I have spent all my driving years driving in snow as drifting/getting sideways/fishtailing has always been so much fun in the snow where it all happens at slow motion but on the dry road or wet road, everything happens 2-4 times faster.

The GXP steering wheel I had put on has also been awesome as it has been a lot more fun controlling the skid with the thick beefy wheel in my hands.

I have a brand new set of Michelin 245/45-18- stock size MXM4 that I have already paid for waiting at my local tire shop and they are holding/storing them for me till I'm ready and have worn these RS-A's to the day when I want them off the car as I think the road noise from them is at an all time high with them being so worn. I still want to get a week or two more out of them as I want to get my moneys worth out of them.

· HeapBlaster
479 Posts
lol you sound like me on my stock bridgestones. "man you can sling this big bastard around pretty easiliy" lol

· 2008 G8 GT
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol you sound like me on my stock bridgestones. "man you can sling this big bastard around pretty easiliy" lol
Ha, yes, it is a total shame to NOT have way more fun than we/I should with worn-out rear tires and a set waiting at the shop, ready to go and paid-for.

I had a C5 back in 2010/2011 that every time I needed a new set of tires, I would put the car in "competition mode" and have a ball with whipping the car around every turn. Competition mode was great as it turned traction control off but the stability control would stay on so that wherever one pointed the front tires, that is where the car would go.

· 2008 G8 GT
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a week of tire-spinning/petrol wasting hooliganism, I'm going in at 8am tomorrow to have my new tires put on. The rear RS-A's are now almost down to the wear bars and I don't want or need to take a chance in the rain, on the highway of losing it to try and save a few dollars by going the distance with them. The tires have almost 35,000 miles on them and I'm looking forward to feeling the new Michelins tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.