Pontiac G8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Even Some Automatic Trans 2015 SS are almost all gone

11K views 116 replies 13 participants last post by  zepcom 
#1 ·
Although the manual transmission 2015 Chevrolet SS's are almost all gone, there is still a pretty good amount of automatic transmission cars to be had. That is, unless you want some of the more unique colors. Here is the current low-down for the limited colors:

Regal Peacock - 18
Jungle Green - 13
Alchemy Purple - 5 (1 Sold Retail Unit)
Mystic Green - 5

All the other colors have availability of over 50 units.

#2 ·
By the way, we have one of those 5 Alchemy Purple remaining SS's available for sale here at Bergstrom Chevrolet of Middleton. We have it safely stashed away in indoor storage over the winter. If you would like to provide a loving home to this awesome car, just let me know!

#4 ·
#7 ·
I see that there are currently 47 2014 Chevrolet SS available nationwide. If there is a dealership that has marked one of these cars down to mid-$30Ks, then they are just trying to cut their losses and take a HUGE LOSS (along with all the floorplan interest they have already paid). If that car exists, someone would be crazy not to buy it for that price! Here is the breakdown:

Silver Ice - 1
Red Hot - 15
Phantom Black - 25
Heron White - 6
Mystic Green - 0

#6 ·
Now Alchemy Purple is down to only 4 left (plus 1 Retail Sold Unit).

#11 ·
I hope you are REALLY patient, because you'll be waiting for a long time.

#12 ·
Yeah I'm sure. By then something better will be out and the SS won't be as desirable to some of us. I know there aren't many around but prices usually start falling pretty hard after a few years. I guess apples/oranges examples but after 5 years my G8 new was 32 new and I bought for 19. My wife just bought a 13 charger rt loaded with 11k miles for 22 grand. New it's was probably 33-34 grand. So i figure around 2020 one shall be mine..... lol

#15 ·
Im sorry but, nothing better will come out again. Large manual transmission sedans will be extinct. The SS and the M5 are the last. No doubt BMW will make the move to Automatic only the way Cadillac did with the CTS V. The SS will die completely after 2017 and there wont be a comparable replacement.

Unless you have 100k to spend on an M5 the SS is the last and only option.

#13 ·
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you would wait until NEW ones get into the $20k's. It's a different story when you look for a certified pre-owned, or used one, that has under 36,000 miles on it. I'm sure that some used 2014s are already popping up and getting close to $20k's depending on the miles.

#14 ·
Although the manual transmission 2015 Chevrolet SS's are almost all gone, there is still a pretty good amount of automatic transmission cars to be had. That is, unless you want some of the more unique colors. Here is the current low-down for the limited colors:

Effective 1/5/2016

Regal Peacock - 18
Jungle Green - 13
Alchemy Purple - 4 (1 Sold Retail Unit)
Mystic Green - 4

#17 ·

Effective 1/14/2016

Regal Peacock - 17
Jungle Green - 13
Mystic Green - 4

#18 ·
This car is weird to me in that it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the G8 in the various colors. Also the colors remind me of late 90s/early 00s Cavaliers, S10s, Malibus, etc. Just my opinion but the colors don't fit.

I might try for a used SS if they end up totaling my crashed G8 but at this point I only want blue. If I absolutely had to I'd do black and then the red red one, but nothing else looks good to me at all. The stock images keep showing the silver one in lighting that makes it look dark grey; I'd like that but it's not really that color.

The purple is interesting but at least from pics it doesn't look as intriguing as Nissan's Midnight Purple III from the R34 Skyline GT-R.

#20 ·
Some Like It Hot Red is a gorgeous color! If I am ever lucky enough to get my hands on an SS, that would be the color I'd go for. The Jungle Green is interesting too.

#21 ·
This is the stock photo that shows up a lot and looks grey. Darker in some versions I guess, depending on how they photoshop it. This appears to be the silver but they represent it as more grey. I like silver cars but on the SS, the silver feels rental car to me. I think blue and grey (if it was real) would be my own personal picks. However, the red one Maverickman has looks pretty sweet.

Attachments

#23 ·
As I look at that photo, it appears to be a Mystic Green car. That color looks alot more grey unless the sun is shining on it.

#22 ·
Effective 1/28/2016

Regal Peacock - 17
Jungle Green - 12
Mystic Green - 4

#24 ·
Effective 2/1/2016

Regal Peacock - 17
Jungle Green - 11
Mystic Green - 4

#25 ·
Effective 2/4/2016

Regal Peacock - 16
Jungle Green - 11
Mystic Green - 4

#26 ·
Effective 2/17/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 10
Perfect Blue - 47
Mystic Green - 4

All other colors currently have at least 50 units available.

#27 ·
Effective 2/19/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 47
Mystic Green - 4

#28 ·
Effective 2/23/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 46
Mystic Green - 4

#29 ·
Effective 2/25/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 45
Mystic Green - 4

#30 ·
Effective 2/29/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 44
Mystic Green - 4

#31 ·
Effective 3/3/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 43
Mystic Green - 4

#32 ·
Effective 3/5/2016

Regal Peacock - 15
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 42
Mystic Green - 4

#33 ·
Effective 3/10/2016

Regal Peacock - 14
Jungle Green - 9
Perfect Blue - 40
Alchemy Purple - 4
Mystic Green - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.