Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a local dealer has a 25k 08 v6 g8 with 26k on it. I own a perfect 08 Sky redline with 23k. They will trade even. Is that a deal you would do?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
+1. a v6 model is not worth that. Don't do it

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
U can get a GT with 10-15k miles for that price.. You'd be CRAZY if you did that trade.-- bc of the price on the G8.. Not bc you're trading in your sky..smart choice if you traded in your sky.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
That's better lol

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Why not just get a GT...?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Agree with rupert . The gt is more in the 22 to 25 price point. A local guy went from the v6 to the v8 and he is happier.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
One does not simply trade their Sky Redline for a G8...

Unless you need a practical car.

If you don't need a GT, don't get one. Just get a good clean accident free G8 and be happy.
Why not spend the same money for a GT and get the same ammenities if not more than a V6.....GT is very practical, it can just haul some a$$..

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That price is way to high. I got my V6 over 2 years ago for 21...in Canada!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Go with the G8 Gt for 20k

·
Registered
221 Posts
So the dealer's V6 G8 is $17.6k? And they want an even trade for your Sky Redline? They're nuts. Your Sky I believe is worth a little more than that (although KBB and Edmunds place it below $17.5k), and is a better car.

If they can get a G8 GT, they that's a better trade. But I wouldn't do it, unless you really need the practicality.

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
Why not spend the same money for a GT and get the same ammenities if not more than a V6.....GT is very practical, it can just haul some a$$..
That depends if there's a GT even available in the area and it reflects market or isn't beat to ****.

Many people need to trade up their sports car for a hauler so the OP's post is warranted but clearly the dealership is screwing him / her. I'll take a G8 V6 over a Camry any day.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
If you *do* decide to do this swap, I sure hope you don't end up smacking yourself in the head down the line saying *I shoulda bought the V8*

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you *do* decide to do this swap, I sure hope you don't end up smacking yourself in the head down the line saying *I shoulda bought the V8*
WELL worth the extra few thousand dollars.

GT has better engine, better trans, better seat, better infotainment, better HVAc, better suspension, better brakes, better wheels. Need I go on?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I know 3 people that had a v6 g8 two of them now have a gt. Dont do something that will have you saying "if I had only got a gt"

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 48 Posts