Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
When i bought my car it had a cold air kit on it, but i didnt know what is was. I just found out and it suprises me.
It is a spectre kit part# 9907W spectreperformance.com/index.php/08-09-pontiac-g8-gt-gxp-white-hprtm-filter.html
And it sells for $200.00
Has anyone tried these? I have this one now and getting ready to buy my exhaust system. It looks great, i'll give it that.
I am just curious if i should just get the Vararam set up and be done?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
if you want to be "done", then get the VCM with side panels now. But in the end, it's all personal preference.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a Spectre kit on my 01 GMC Sierra with a 5.3. Love the look & especially the sound. Makes the truck scream at about 2000 rpm. Got mine from O'Rielly's for less then $150 about a year ago. Other then lack of sealing against the hood it is very open to air from underneath. Very nice set-up IMO

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
The spectre gives the best HP per $. Switching to the Vararam would most likely add a few more ponies but you will be cleaning the filter more often.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a spectre intake on my car and for the money its a great setup. I ended up doing some trimming to make the shield fit against the hood as it should. Now it seals up great. I will probably switch over to a dry filter at some point though.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mine fit dead on the money. I noticed when I installed mine I wiggled it around a good bit and it dropped down another 1/2" or so and it fit the hood good. I dyno tested mine and I gained 15rwhp over the stock air box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.