·
Registered
211 Posts
mine was replaced under warranty - gm sent a new one from Australia by courier
to the dealer. WILLIE

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does the 2008 and 2009 have the same windshield?

I went online to the Safelite website to do a quick quote and intent to schedule service. Their website only allows me to quote a 2008 G8. With the 2009 it ask me to give them the contact to call me back. When calling back they can to the 2009, but it is $75 more. Does anyone know why?
2008 G8 online: $303 or so
2009 G8 on the phone: $375 isch

GM lists for both 2008, 2009 the same part number: 92208207. So, I would expect aftermarket shops to have the same price for 08 and 09.

Maybe need to add: I have a 2009

·
Registered
455 Posts
One member on here had his windshield replaced by Safelite. Apparently Safelite has their logo engraved in the bottom center of windshield. It did seem to be something that would be irritating to see everytime you got in the car.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but I figured some would like a heads up before their purchase.

·
Registered
433 Posts
One member on here had his windshield replaced by Safelite. Apparently Safelite has their logo engraved in the bottom center of windshield. It did seem to be something that would be irritating to see everytime you got in the car.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but I figured some would like a heads up before their purchase.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I am actually getting more and more concerned that the Pilkington is not a 100% fit:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70730

Hate to double-post, maybe we can merge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Only the windshield on the G8's are laminated. All the other glass is single sheet safety glass designed to break into small pieces.

This is false, all windshields in later model cars are laminated, door windows and rear windshields are tempered to break in to tiny little pieces. It poses a hazard for the front windshield to. Be tempered. Lamination also prevents ejection in some situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts