Pontiac G8 Forum banner

If Fenders Are Made to Sell at Reasonable Cost, Would You Buy?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 04-10-12: We have been working hard on some interior pieces just to find out the company we were using for the plastic injection stole our design. We are doing everything in our power to find a new shop to mass produce our product before the other company tries to sale them. I cannot give more details then that. But i will definetly keep everyone updated. Again im sorry for not having any new info on the fenders. Once this is resolved we will be looking at new bodypanels for the G8. That includes a newly designed bumper, side skirts and rear panels. Thanks.
-
-

***Please only vote if you were intending on buying HSV GTS fenders eventually. That way the poll can accurately gauge people who are interested in owning a set from people who just don't like the fenders' style anyway.****
-
-

-
We've all seen Evolution Auto Designs create the custom G8/GTS Hybrid front bumper and "Dream Hood" and they look great IMO. I was wondering if E.A.D. would be interested in making another product for us to Group Buy?

Everyone at one point or another has asked about the price of the HSV GTS fenders, and has either fainted or is planning on taking out a loan, lol. So would EAD be able to create a like set of fenders and distribute them to us awaiting G8 masses at a more reasonable price than what is close to $3,000 for the actual thing?

:driving:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Subscribing!

·
Resident Pro Painter.
652 Posts
< wants real deal only..

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
< wants real deal only..
lol, of course me too.

But realistically speaking to what most people can afford, it's not going to be the "real deal". :)

So this gives a company the option to make their money off people who enjoy that look but can't spend $2,500-$3,000k.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I've said it and I'll say it again, the HSV GTS front bumper is most likely in my future. With my car, a black roof, and the HSV GTS bumper I think it would look perfect.

So yes, I most likely will be very interested in this.

Oh, also if the hood saved significant weight I'd consider it also while less likely than the GTS bumper.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Where can someone get the black roof, ive seen it posted somewhere before, but im just curious.

I've said it and I'll say it again, the HSV GTS front bumper is most likely in my future. With my car, a black roof, and the HSV GTS bumper I think it would look perfect.

So yes, I most likely will be very interested in this.

Oh, also if the hood saved significant weight I'd consider it also while less likely than the GTS bumper.

·
Addicted
903 Posts
Wait... only vote if you were going to vote yes???

I would not want these, but no worries, I didn't vote..

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait... only vote if you were going to vote yes???
lol, no. Haha I meant if you're someone who wants to own a set of HSV GTS fenders, are you willing to save money by having a company make a similar set of fenders cheaper than the authentic version, then vote "Yes".

So you only vote if you're in the market for these fenders either real or fake.

I ask that people don't vote "No" just because they don't like the style of fenders anyway.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
yeah NJ, paint or vinyl...

·
Registered
378 Posts
interesting...
hope to see this.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I think the black white can look good if you don't go nuts, lol.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
The easiest way to make this would be to use the G8 fenders and cut them and then install a vent. Now looking at the body lines it couldn't be exactly the same as the GTS but it could be damn close. All he needs to do is make the vent and a bracket for it to be mounted to the fender. Judging by his previous work that shouldn't be too difficult for him either.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
889 Posts
Looking at my Gts fenders today and its clear how Hsv cut the factory fender and added the bottom on. Maybe make a mold of the lower half with vent, and you can have a bodyshop attach to the factory fender.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts