Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I know you have been through a few exhausts from older threads but this one Sounds great.
It toned it down a notch but still sounds good.
Never really listened to the Violators but I have to say I like it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You sound as picky as me when it comes to sound ... can you do a drive off inside the car and out?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sound as picky as me when it comes to sound ... can you do a drive off inside the car and out?
I'll give the mufflers time to "break-in" then I can. I know the Magnaflow's changed over time just a little so I'm sure these will.

Indeed... just can't seem to find the sound I'm looking for. I've had a Magnaflow catback with and without cats with stock manifolds, Magnaflow catback with 1 3/4" long tubes and no cats, long tubes with factory midpipe & mufflers, long tubes with resonator delete and x-pipe, modded midpipe and Magnaflow axleback, SLP LMII's with long tubes, 1 7/8 catted headers with stock mufflers, with Magnaflow mufflers, ran no mufflers, and now this... hopefully they will stay I'm sick of effing with it.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
MGM ,

Man, that cam sounds wicked!

I like the sound of that; raw musclecar sound.

Do the pypes drone a bit? One of the local guys around here had the pypes and he got rid of them because they droned so bad on his car.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MGM ,

Do the pypes drone a bit? One of the local guys around here had the pypes and he got rid of them because they droned so bad on his car.
They do drone a little but a good bit less then the Magnaflow and SLP's. So far the best exhaust setup I've had.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
They do drone a little but a good bit less then the Magnaflow and SLP's. So far the best exhaust setup I've had.
Think you have any room to add some J's to the setup?

·
Registered
237 Posts
MGM ,

I had the pypes and did not like them very much. Mine certainly droned quite a bit. Of course I had no cam or long tubes at the time but I was just not a fan. I didn't see one mention of solo. I would highly recommend
possibly trying them out. There axleback is downright sick. I heard it yesterday and was totally impressed.:driving:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the pypes and did not like them very much. Mine certainly droned quite a bit. Of course I had no cam or long tubes at the time but I was just not a fan. I didn't see one mention of solo. I would highly recommend
possibly trying them out. There axleback is downright sick. I heard it yesterday and was totally impressed.:driving:
It is hard to compare as headers and an x-pipe will change the tone quite a bit.

I've heard a few cars with Solo and seen them on the lift, they all sound deeper and look like nice systems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts