Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the exhaust on my v6 g8 done and what my plan was to delete the mid muffler and resonators and replace the resonators with glasspack mufflers. Then take off the axle backs and replace them with the slp loudmouth axle back. Is any body running a set up like this? I know it'll drone. Just wanted some thoughts on it.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I had a base first and deleted both resonates and mid muffler . Put a x-pipe In place and used solo axle backs, the thing with the LY7 is drone. Each motor is different , what works on one don't work on another, except the solos are about the best for drone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the sound if the solos but want something a little meaner sounding. I like the set up hazers has on his v6. Just want to do something like that. I'd have to wait till my warranty is off before I'd think about doing headers

·
Registered
44 Posts
I deleted the resonators and replaced the stock cans with FlowMaster Super 10's series. It drones but I LOVE the sound. I have also been complimented on the way it sounds. Its definitely unique but just a little ricey sounding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZ7_JbGOLw&feature=youtu.be" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZ7_JbGOLw&feature=youtu.be"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZ7_JbGOLw&feature=youtu.be" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sound clip

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds really good! I know you won't be able to get away from the "ricey" sound but damn it sounds good. I was gonna run dynomax ultra-flo rounds or the race bullet glasspacks they have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
thanks man. Yeah theres no getting away from it at all. I love it though and its definitely unique. Once you do your exhaust throw a video up. I haven't heard of anyone doing glass packs yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sure will throw up a video! Did you. Put a h or x pipe in? I'm doing h cuz it's saposed to make it sound meaner. Do the flow master super 10s have fibreglass in them at all?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just replaced the resonators with straight pipes. I may try an xpipe or h at some point.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i replaced the mid pipes with an X pipe and put thrush turbo mufflers in, fairly cheap too

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dont have one, ill try and take one and post it up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depending on what you'd want to spend, I have the mach shorty cat back system for the v8 from solo with j pipes, and I love it

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have this set up as well as a few other members on this site if I'm not mistaken. It is an awesome setup. I've had several compliments on how it sounds and when you are just cruising I almost forget I have an exhaust system because of how quiet it is. Any throttle and man does it get loud though!:D
Depending on what you'd want to spend, I have the mach shorty cat back system for the v8 from solo with j pipes, and I love it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got the Solos on mine and love em. They get a little throatier as they carbon up. I'll PM you a vid of em when they were brand new. Don't have one of them now... don't know why ....

·
Registered
864 Posts
Mach Shorty catback unbalanced with a J Pipe have any ???s send me a PM

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well theres a change of plans for my exhaust set up. i have found a set of pacesetter long tube headers with cats so i am gonna also run them with the mid muffler and resonator delates swaping in glasspacks with a h-pipe. may add a second set of glasspacks on the slp loudmouths to keep the tone done towards the end of the exhaust.:driving:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts