Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the sound of the pops that come from my exhaust when I downshift, but I've only ever heard them from inside the car. It sounds pretty muffled, and I expected them to be pretty subtle outside, too.

I washed the car yesterday, and my fiance was right there so I asked her to rev it a bit for me while I filmed it. I've always been the one to rev it for other people, so I finally got to hear what it sounded like at higher rpm and with pops. WOW! It was so sinister I was almost cringing at what the neighbours must have thought LOL. Just the revving sounded mean, and the pops were like cannon shots. And all of this from the second quietest system Solo makes (plus HFCs).

All of the talk about how videos don't do the system justice are bang-on: no video camera can really catch that sound! The low rpm burble, yes, but not the face-smashing pops.

Thanks, Solo, you still make me smile every time I hear 'er start (and now rev, and pop!)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hahaha, you should here my SLP's. They sound off like crazy! I sometimes worry that it is too loud. As I have down shifted under an over pass and watched the people in the truck next to me jump. Out of fear or surprise I don't know but it was funny as hell!! Once we came to a light I hear the guy tell his friend " yup its a stick shift" but I have know idea what the hell it is". That made my day!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Thanks for the kind words...we really appreciate the feedback and are so happy to hear that the gurgle and pop brings a smile to your face:) Enjoy and welcome to the SOLO family!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts