Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed ARH 1 7/8 headers with catted x-pipe couple of weeks ago on my G8 GT with no mufflers but that got too loud.

I added hooker maxflow mufflers and now its too quiet :-(

Very soon im doing a dod delete cam swap, will that make it louder or should I go muffler shopping? The sound im looking for is how it sounded with stock manifold, stock cats, mid resonator and muffler delete.

Help guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Slp Powerflos might do the trick.

·
Registered
786 Posts
From what I've heard the powerflows are very similar to the maxflows with the powerflows being just a tiny bit louder.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a set of Z06 mufflers (dual-mode) which would have been awsome, quiet normal driving and muffler delete at wot, but the mufflers didnt fit under the car, waaaaay too big. This is pita to get the right sound, I thought the maxflows being straight through would have been more aggressive then this. They sound like magnaflows

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yeah, Maxflows will tame LTs and do an amazing job at it.
It may be too take for some.

Maybe cutouts are more to your liking?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Maxflows will tame LTs and do an amazing job at it.
It may be too take for some.

Maybe cutouts are more to your liking?

I thought about cut outs but they arent a automated transition from quiet to loud, swith involved. The vacuum control dual modes are awsome but cant find any or any at a good price. The maxflows were a steal! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have LT's and matching 3" catted xpipe with magnaflow AB. I think its damn near perfect. Plus, cold start sounds NASTY!!! Man I wish I had a performance cam... I bet it would be PERFECT!

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Personally I would wait until after you get the cam because that will make your exhaust a decent bit louder than you have now. I like the way my slp powerflow's sound with my set up. I have a clip of it but not with the best audio so I stole bobthemonkee's clip so you could get a good idea of how it sounds.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Duh! Axle back :) little sleepy I didnt figure it out. I had a set of magnaflows on before and it wasnt loud enough but that was before headers. Maybe I can give those a try again.

Personally I would wait until after you get the cam because that will make your exhaust a decent bit louder than you have now. I like the way my slp powerflow's sound with my set up. I have a clip of it but not with the best audio so I stole bobthemonkee's clip so you could get a good idea of how it sounds.

That sounds pretty good. Let me do the cam I guess and see how it sounds

·
Registered
174 Posts
Duh! Axle back :) little sleepy I didnt figure it out. I had a set of magnaflows on before and it wasnt loud enough but that was before headers. Maybe I can give those a try again.

That sounds pretty good. Let me do the cam I guess and see how it sounds
Headers and exhaust made all the difference. With the catted xpipe its perfect in my opinion. Granted, w/o cats, it would be louder. But I think it might be too loud. BTW, my setup has no drone... and I am REALLY surprised since we talking about magnaflows! Remember how goofy it sounded with the DOD active with just a MF AB? Not anymore.. its night and day different.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Headers and exhaust made all the difference. With the catted xpipe its perfect in my opinion. Granted, w/o cats, it would be louder. But I think it might be too loud. BTW, my setup has no drone... and I am REALLY surprised since we talking about magnaflows! Remember how goofy it sounded with the DOD active with just a MF AB? Not anymore.. its night and day different.
Yes, with the dod still active when I had the magnaflows I would either hit the throttle a little or use manual mode so I wouldnt hear the dod

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quite at cruise/idle and absolutly from free any drone what so ever.

wot is a beast.

though it might be too quiet for me. my car been called a sleeper by couple members lol

im looking at some youtube videos but videos arent all that "real" sounding.

Solos still have DoD drone though. Otherwise they'd be perfect. IMO

I have dod tuned out and soon dod will be completely taken out of the motor

I have a friend that did the flo and it sounds great.

They do sound really nice, tone wise, my problem is they are too quiet for my taste :-(

Where are you getting the maxflows?
Summit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts