Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mod. Bug is still itching and am considering some noise. I am looking for an exhaust I can open or close. That way I can close em if I wanna. Say if I got a nasty headache or there's a cop behind me . I wanted e cuts but after all the reading of bad stories. I can't find myself committing 400 plus install for it,otherwise I'd go that route for sure . So is there a system cat back ,axle back or full I can get to do what e cuts do ? I know the corvette has an exhaust option like this . Thanks gang

·
every village has one
2,379 Posts
You're probably better off to go the electric cutout way and be done with it. Never heard of an axle back or system that does what you're looking for. Probably didn't make enough of our cars to justify it.
Might not be cost effective, either. How much would you really save, plus your time and energy trying to hunt one up?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Look at the hooker max flow muffler I believe it has a butterfly in it that opens at full throttle for the rumble and is quiet during cruising.You could do. A search on here for some sound clips,there are a couple guys with them,and there inexpensive

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the reply. Ill have to start doing my home work on the names mentioned.

TCHR49, the dmh low pro cut outs are the best option if I did but I don't want to keep having repairs or issues. People say the switch that comes with it breaks within the first few days. Then there's the butterfly not closing fully or the motor going bad. Just to many issues.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've had my DMH's for about a month and haven't had the first issue, and the sound is unbelievable behind Kook's long tubes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I concur on sound. Dmh sounds loud. Ive read a few threads on the subject of cut outs and majority have issues. I go for majority rule on most things. I wanted them but don't want the issues. I emailed dmh andbhe never replied back.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zodiac. I clicked on the link provided and watched the vid. It seems like a nice system but I think I might want louder. I am to understand that videos only do so much justice and a system might sound different in person. I didnt look into price but seems like its gonna cost some bucks. For whatever reason I can't get the video of Yeti's new system to play but from the replies I'm seeing ,I may wanna go that loud but again with the butterfly to silence her. What about drone on any of these systems ? Although I guess I could do the j pipes.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2lazyforagoodname. Is this the system you are speaking of? Did only one YouTube clip ,this one. It sounds bad ass enough to put a smile on my face but does it have the butterfly ? The guy in the vid. Didn't demo it if it does. Or did he have it closed when he was in the car ,it did sound quieter when he did the first start up .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYex2dHVLbA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the link 2lazy. I think I'd want louder but there's the butterfly option I want. What if I did an H pipe over the x style ? Heard that gives more of a muscle car sound when you go with the H pipe.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
XODUS. Tried to Google hooker max flow exhaust with butterfly and my first result was your post to the thread and nothing after that LOL. Did youtube to and no luck though they sound ok.

Gotta say that so far the varex has won me over the most. Just want to make it a little louder.

Did some more investigating on varex and man are they pricy. Over a grand for these bad boys plus your shipping and install. Plus it seems that some people who own the varex complain about drone. Which id think a j pipe would help. I could get three dmh set ups for the Amount they want on the varex . Man they would otherwise be what I want.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey gang. Does solo make a exhaust for the g8 that has a butterfly?

·
Registered
786 Posts
No solo does not. The hooker maxflows don't have the butterfly valve. Dude above had no idea what he was saying.

Dynomax VT mufflers have it though

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks BLKG8 . Yea he wasn't sure . Ill check out the dynomax.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
BLKG8 , I watched the companies commercial on YouTube. The valve that they have kills the drone which is cool and they sound nice but what I want to be able to do is go stealth a k.a. stock and like the e cuts ,open the butterfly and unleash Hell. For the price of the varex which is pretty much what I want, I can get three sets of the dmh cut outs and have spare parts in case of issues.

2lazy, I wish I knew how to do any of what they guy put together. Although my mechanic / friend might. So I'll keep this in mind. Thanks . Also I am stil keeping your first post about the wortek system in mind. Would like to hear it in person. I just think I might want it to be louder,maybe. What about an H pipe with this set up. ?

Also I wonder if I'll have issues with the butterfly valve on any of these exhaust set ups.? People claimed dmh would have issues with the butterfly closing all the way. After some time that is , not right when they first buy it. I was close to doing the dmh and even motorcityg8 has them and he had me sold on them after all my scepticism. when I last chatted via the forum with him. He was having issues with the one motor and after that I was back on the fence again over the dmh brand. Thanks for the replies gang.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is anyone running the wortec system?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts