Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into getting a solo cat back balanced mach system.. I wanted to know expected gains on a intake (rotofab) and cortex 93 tune.

Should i consider the high flow cats? and if so what Hp gain?

thanks

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You can expect up to 330 at the wheels. I'm not sure that HFC can bolt up to stock headers, someone with more knowledge can step in there. But if your lookin for performance you can get headers too. Open up the whole system for solid gains. With headers, hfc, solo mach, rotofab, and a pat g remote tune the car dynoed 364/373.

That's my suggestion though, free up the entire exhaust and tune. You'll see good economy gains too! I travel interstate roads a lot, I went from 25-26 bone stock to 26-28. Plus it'll sound saweeet. Solo ftw.

Sent From: A Nuclear Facility

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
The exhaust kit by itself dyno'd at 12hp at the wheels on a stock car, so you can expect more with a tune.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can expect up to 330 at the wheels. I'm not sure that HFC can bolt up to stock headers, someone with more knowledge can step in there. But if your lookin for performance you can get headers too. Open up the whole system for solid gains. With headers, hfc, solo mach, rotofab, and a pat g remote tune the car dynoed 364/373.

That's my suggestion though, free up the entire exhaust and tune. You'll see good economy gains too! I travel interstate roads a lot, I went from 25-26 bone stock to 26-28. Plus it'll sound saweeet. Solo ftw.

Sent From: A Nuclear Facility
Do the HFC's bolt up to the stock manifolds?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
GOINGSOLO2
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing