Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's the first sunny 50+ day in WA in months so I decided to head off site for lunch. Almost got a chance to race a beautiful Ferrari but I couldn't merge over in time to catch the on-ramp (nor did I really have time anyways). On the way home, this 2012-ish R6 pulls up next to me and gives me the signal to slow down.

So I slow down, put it into second gear, turn traction control off, and wait for the road to straighten out. He gives me the thumbs up, I give him the 3 honk count off and we're gone!

I barely kept the rear planted, but for the first time ever, I got to enjoy the car launching in 2nd gear on the hwy. I immediately see the R6 move to my rear passenger door where I can no longer see him. I hit 3rd gear, spin the tires a bit doing so, and continue to pull. I Rapped out 3rd gear then slowed down. He pulls up next to me and gives me the thumbs up and I do the same. He then catches his exit.

Not 5 seconds later, a black Charger R/T with 22" rims (maybe even 24... they were pretty big) with CA plates pulls up next to me and I think he guns it. Exhaust actually sounded nice, but there was no more room to safely do anything. Not sure if he was showing his exhaust off or wanted to race... pretty sure he just watched me win against an R6... who knows. Fun sunny day though, need more of those in WA.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
What's an R6?

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Against an R6 moto...VERY impressive!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yamaha R6 Crotch rocket.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ah I see. I know nothing about bikes.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Cool kill. I am not a bike person either and remember last summer the only two things I went against last summer where bikes . Not one car all summer . I'm stock and wanted to see what she had cause I only had her a few months. Didn't go balls to the wall either time but gave it a good go in third the second time . I was in tow with the second bike I went against but then he decided it was cool to split lanes and I wasn't down with that,so I just set it back to 70 and cruised. He had three friends with him on bikes and this dude was the only one that kept up . His buddies where gone in the rear view lol. Hey a kill is a kill ,so again ,cool kill.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Impressive sir, R6 or most 600 classs sportbikes are no joke. If my memory serves the 0-60 time on a newer r6 is like 3.4 seconds? I know its sub threes. Awesome kill though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool kill. I am not a bike person either and remember last summer the only two things I went against last summer where bikes . Not one car all summer . I'm stock and wanted to see what she had cause I only had her a few months. Didn't go balls to the wall either time but gave it a good go in third the second time . I was in tow with the second bike I went against but then he decided it was cool to split lanes and I wasn't down with that,so I just set it back to 70 and cruised. He had three friends with him on bikes and this dude was the only one that kept up . His buddies where gone in the rear view lol. Hey a kill is a kill ,so again ,cool kill.
Sounds like fun!

I've been riding for 10+ years and lane splitting has to be the best reason to own a bike! lol I used to own a business and was late for a big meeting, lane splitting save my butt.

Impressive sir, R6 or most 600 classs sportbikes are no joke. If my memory serves the 0-60 time on a newer r6 is like 3.4 seconds? I know its sub threes. Awesome kill though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm not sure what I could do 0 - 60. One of these days I'll take some time to measure it out or even finally do a 1/4 mile drag race one of these days. We started out race somewhere around 40 - 50 MPH and the bike never caught it. I own a GSXR-750 and one of my friends gets back from the events he's supporting, I plan on having him ride it and compare it to the car to see how it'll do.

I've taken down a few "fast" cars but I really wish I could have raced that Ferrari. I've already beat a 911 Carrera 4s, e46 M3, and a few others not worth mentioning. There are a lot of really absurdly nice cars in the area, and hopefully the summer will bring them out. Of course, there is always the race track but I need to get into the next class to race the cool cars. I'm still in the B class (intermediate) for now.

very nice. you might have just swayed an r6 owner to becoming a g8 gt owner
Lol, possibly! He did his best to remain near me to setup the run. I don't even think he was heading my way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts