Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my wheels all widened and some 305's but still need to relocate the brake line bracket due to being darn close to interfering.....

Anyone relocate their bracket and line to get more inner wall clearance?.... Intense talks about rotating bracket 90 degrees but not sure what that would do for me unless I am not understanding the 90 degree move.....

anyone else move this bracket?.... Would love to see what needs to be done and where it gets remounted and in what orientation?.... any pics you have would be awesome!!!! if no pics, better explanation of the 90 degree move would be awesome?....

Thanks!!!!​

·
Registered
242 Posts
Curious as to what the specs are for your widened rims? I'm running a 10" rim with a +60 offset in the back and want to go from a 285 to a 295. I currently have no rubbing and am lowered on SLP springs. When I compare my rims/tires to the ones in the link above, they only show 0.2" closer to the suspension than I am now.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I saw this but they dont show a pic of the brake line move.... they show the pic of how it is when it starts and then the after pic doesnt show the brake line part...

Their description says 90 degrees, but not sure what that would do to get more clearance unless i am not exactly understanding which 90 degrees they are talking about.... the descrpition of the change is vague and not descriptive enough to fully understand... 90 degrees clockwise? 90 degrees counterclockwise?... etc...

·
Registered
848 Posts
They are talking about the small removable metal clip that holds the brake line to the bracket. Originally it is pushed straight on, they removed it and pushed it on from the side, giving a few mm more clearance due to the overhang of the original clip in the stock position being toward the tire and now it is perpendicular (90 degrees) to the tire face.

The brake line isn't moving, just the attachment clip - if you look closely at their before picture they are already showing the clip in the new position.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious as to what the specs are for your widened rims? I'm running a 10" rim with a +60 offset in the back and want to go from a 285 to a 295. I currently have no rubbing and am lowered on SLP springs. When I compare my rims/tires to the ones in the link above, they only show 0.2" closer to the suspension than I am now.
Intenses setup is alot closer to wall than yours I think...

if you have nittos 285/30/20 the over width is 11.34".. and the intense setup is 12.3" and my setup is 12.4"....

also considering your 10" rim with a 60 offset your wheel is 6.7mm farther (.26")... from the inner wall than intenses seetup....

(calculated from wheel mount location to inner side of wheel:
193.7mm for intense and 187mm for you...).. thats a huge amount of difference!!!

I think if you were 6.7 mm closer to the inner wall then you would have issues also...

I was considering using a spacer but hate the idea of it.... if I were to do a spacer a 5mm spacer would cure all my issues... :)... jsut trying to steer away from a spacer and make it clean...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts