Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just bought one of the rubber ez-lip front splitters. I am excited to see how it looks. Curious for anyone who has purchased one and since removed it...do they come off easy?? If I install it and hate it I want to make sure it somes off clean and easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you do the install yet? im looking to get one ordered tonight but if its a waste of time/money/effort then ill just make something myself

·
Registered
401 Posts
It was a waste of money and time! It is way too flexible to be of any practical use other than looks. It also gets distorted by the air when driving at high speeds. It looks like, and is better used as, a seal for the bottom of my roll-up garage door.

JAM

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
It was a waste of money and time! It is way too flexible to be of any practical use other than looks. It also gets distorted by the air when driving at high speeds. It looks like, and is better used as, a seal for the bottom of my roll-up garage door.

JAM
guys have been using garage door rubber for a lone time, figures someone would package it up and sell it for a car, lol

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
They look pretty decent in pics and from a slight distance. A guy I know had/has one on his G8 but I think it started coming off. Not sure if he fixed it or just took it back off.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was wondering how these would hold up but it just made sense that these cheap rubber lips wouldnt work. However someone on.the board made some and was selling them for only $400 ...hehe. Im not sure if there still available.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I was wondering how these would hold up but it just made sense that these cheap rubber lips wouldnt work. However someone on.the board made some and was selling them for only $400 ...hehe. Im not sure if there still available.
hope your not talking about the KYNE splitter with that comment?
big difference between rubber garage door molding and formed urethane ,

if I misread your response I apologize

·
Registered
460 Posts
I dont know if thats the name of it but most likely thats it..im not comparing the 2, its actually a nice product. Is it $400 nice tho? Thats debatable.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
it takes a good investment to form one from urethane, thats why all the aftermarket ones are usually fiberglass. And no matter how flexible they make the fiberglass ones they will never bounce back like a urethane one

if it was something that might sell a thousand of them the price could come down, but how many do you think is realistic that they will sell to such a small market to recoup the expenses of designing and manufacturing them?

·
Registered
460 Posts
at $400 a pop, im thinking none.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
"I let my friend drive my car to the store. he then decided to drive into the curb like he drives his truck and cracked it"

sounds a bit more than scraping it in a driveway, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts