Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears to be in very good shape, low km / miles. Seems to be all stock other than the wheels.

I feel its a bit steep, no? I was thinking more like 20k all in or 22k with some sort of extended warranty at the least and maybe summer rubber.

Am I just used to getting a good deal? In the past all my cars have been from a dealership where my cousin used to be the GM, i would end up paying 500 over cost. And when I got my G6 GTP ( used ) they actually lost money on it because there was a promo where they wanted to sell a set amount of cars in the month, and I literally walked out cause there was another one in the city, they called as i was on the road to come back.

but oddly enough only comes with a winter set of rubber on some wheels that really are not really my taste, although not bad for winter wheels...not that I really intend on using it for winter. Would without a doubt be getting all season / summer rubber on a set more my taste.

Wish they had postd it online before trading it in!

For comparisons sake there currently is:

LR w/ 63k km asking 19,900 out of ontario:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/Whitby/Ontario/5_22861959_ON20070704174556041/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=8_15_15

Black w/ 78 for 18900 out of NB:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/Moncton/New+Brunswick/5_22475714_CT20031126132143706/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=9_15_15

Those are the only 2 that are somewhat comparable. Various others with 70-90k km private sales for 16-19.

It seems the dealers are making a killing off these used g8's. I know they are likely paying like 15-16 max.

For example I inquired about this SMR with 60k km before it was traded in...They were going to take 16500 and now its listed at the dealer for 20,900....So the dealer im guessing probably gave them like 16?

I ended up bailing because the owner wasnt too enthusiastic about providing info and pictures to a remote buyer ( im in a diff province )

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/Grande+Prairie/Alberta/5_22783189_20140716094708402/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=5_15_15

Blah, im one indecisive b1tch :( :drink::drink::drink:

Oh, and the NOTT auto corp was nothing but a waste of time. I had to pay 2k deposit for them to "seek a car out". They insisted "this is what they do" they will find me my car"....2 months later they only found one, yes only 1 single car. Out of the USA too, and of course due to the exchange rate they said best price would be 28-29k before tax! LOL

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
These cars are holding their value, especially up here in Canada where they're even more rare than the states. I paid 21.5 with 61k kilometers a year and a half ago. Bone stock, same as you. I'd offer 20.5 and go from there.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
See if you can get the previous owners info and give him a call. Maybe he/she has stock rims stored and traded car as is. Whether or not dealer will give you this info is another story, there should be a buyers package or GM Global package that lists previous owners.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You will still have to pay PST on it when you get it to Manitoba will you not? That adds over a grand to the price then.

Other than the wheels, looks to be a twin to mine that I bought in Winnipeg in the fall.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here are pics of the under side.....Seems the mufflers were hacked off and straight piped, and mounted with rebar lol? Im pretty sure its not even legal for them to sell it as is?

A lil corrosion too, maybe this G8 was someones beater lol. The interior however is near flawless.

I am going to ask they spray it down well, hoist it up n get under body pics =\

Now im wondering if there are any other hidden gems than just the hacked mufflers

·
Registered
667 Posts
I paid 19,400 for mine with 52k, one owner sport package. The only reason dealers sell these for that much is at least in my area there are only 4 within 200 mile search. I looked at trading mine in 2 months ago and was offered 13 grand.... knowing what I know now I wouldn't pay more the 19 grand for that. I believe private party value on mine with 62k now is around 16 grand and I owe 15,800. Don't believe everyone saying the values are going up, cause I don't see it. The only values on the rise are SLPs and GXPs.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I bought mine also a 1.5 years ago with 61,000 km's for an even 19,000.00. I also saved 600.00 on taxes with mine. The only thing I had done to mine was put on new tires after I bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
norton13
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing