Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been working on my tune and it's going well thanks to this forum as well as hpt forums, but I'm having trouble finding information on how to keep the fans running after ignition off on this car. My Bonneville was easy to set to run 180 seconds after ignition off, I've tried with the GXP tune, tried setting the fan % above the ones in the table labeled "Fan state transition desired % vs current state" in the fan section at the bottom, but still nothing. I have the disable temps set to 183* and the enable temps set at stock. All from info I found regarding this. Any suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
I haven't touched the Ignition off settings ever, but if the enable hi ECT read: "above this ECT, hi speed off fan is enabled", i'll assume Enable ECT A would be the same (this one must be the Lo speed fan), so lower the temp in the enable ECT A to 183F for example, and give it another try. i'd hope the lo speed fan would stay on in your case for 200 secs, your max run off.

Have fun.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a shot tomorrow and update! Thanks!

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Np.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am very interested also.... :).... let us all know!!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Ill play with mine tonight and report back

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I switched the enable and disable temps and they come on with ignition off now. Although I think I'm going to set fan 1 to enable at 183 and fan 2 to 200 because these things are damn loud. Lol

So enable is now 183* and disable is 235*

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
:thumbsup:, curious, why do you guys want them on after the ignition is off ?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I dont want them on. Im just trying to help. Lol. I like mine off. I like my battery to stay alive. Haaa.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not going to kill the battery being on to two to three minutes after it shuts off. I want them on to help cool the car down in the summer and track and stuff.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should also mention that to do this the run time per zone needs to be changed to the desired time as well, in addition to the make time.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
I figure zones give you more granularity when to disable the fans based on run time and ECT with ignition off, run time seems to disable the ECT check after whatever value is defined in this table, so for zone 1, disable ECT check after 30 sec, ECT zones defines the minimum temp needed before disabling the Ignition off fans, so you can say for zone 1, 30 sec and a not so hot ECT, say your 183F is all you need for this ECT. Then you could make increments if you wanted in the number of seconds it takes for the fans to remain on, increasing the number of seconds per a given hotter ECT, up to Zone 5. Most of the logic used in the ECM/PCM is freaking neat :)

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I just set all mine to the same since I want mine to be on for the same time as long as it's above the set temp. But it is cool how it can be adapted like that per zone.

I have noticed a lot of neat things in this PCM, lots of interesting parameters as compared to the (somewhat basic) PCM from my SSEi.

Tunes make these cars come alive I swear, and it was fun before!

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Yeah, tuning can be really addictive :burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
why not just open the hood, if the car is off anyhoo ? that's what i do when im waiting for test/tune

·
Registered
936 Posts
why not just open the hood, if the car is off anyhoo ? that's what i do when im waiting for test/tune
Probably to move more air through the radiator and engine bay. You could do both and cool it down a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Whoever tuned mine has fans set to come on high at 195*. I've never seen the coolant temp top 200* even in 90* weather so far. Also set to run 90 sec after shutdown above 80* ambient, 60 second above 70*, and 30 seconds on low at any temp.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.