Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all. Im trying to install my fast 102 but I cant figure out 2 of the lines. On our stock manifold there are 2 nipples that lines are clipped to. Theres a passenger and driver and both behind the throttle body. The FAST only has one and its on the passenger side behind the throttle body but its smooth and no tit on it to clip the wire on like it is on the stocker. My question is how did you get the clip to stay on the stock smooth nipple on passenger side and what about the line on driver side where there is no nipple at all? Thanks very much!!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It should have come with a fitting that you install for the drivers side. You also have to drill the hole for the MAP sensor on top behind the throttle body.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should have come with a fitting that you install for the drivers side. You also have to drill the hole for the MAP sensor on top behind the throttle body.
I bought the drill bit 15/32 for the map sensor today and I know I have to drill that. The instructions say something about saw off nipple on passenger side and drill out then attach extra nipple but I don't think that's right. Your saying:

1. So use the extra nipple and the 2 self-tap screws that came with the kit to go on the driver side, correct? That goes to the other side to connect to evap valve.

2. What about the passenger side? On the stocker the nipple has a tit/bump on it that the line connects to; but the FAST does not. How do you attach the line to the smooth nipple on the FAST?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I used the the fitting with the bump on the drivers side for the OEM line that goes to the EVAP solenoid. For the passenger side I used a new vacuum line. Preferably, you would be using a catch can anyway so the stock line on that side shouldn't be a concern.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I used the the fitting with the bump on the drivers side for the OEM line that goes to the EVAP solenoid. For the passenger side I used a new vacuum line. Preferably, you would be using a catch can anyway so the stock line on that side shouldn't be a concern.
Ok I got the driver side now. I just screwed the extra fitting on and fits like stock.

I don't know what a catch can is. When you got a new vacuum line for passenger side did you clamp it on since it doesn't have a bump?

Is there anything on the back of intake that needs to be plugged. I read somewhere on here someone put a screw in it?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Throw the evap solenoid and lines in the trash, cap the line at the firewall, turn off the code when you get your car tuned, done. This will clean up the engine bay, and help the idle with a cam when coming to a stop.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even if I throw away the evap stuff on driver side what about the passenger side. That vacuum line goes to a plug on engine behind intake. If I get a new vacuum line can I use some sort of clamp since theres no bump on the fast fitting. Hopefully ill get started again tonite or tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have used parts store vaccuum caps with no problems. I always get the multi-pack of colored ones because they seem to fit tighter than the rubber ones. Its a vaccuum port, so there should not be much pressure pushing out on it unless you go FI. I've never had one come off, but you could silicone it just to be safe if you think you need to. Just don't over do it - you don't want that stuff inside the intake.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Throw the evap solenoid and lines in the trash, cap the line at the firewall, turn off the code when you get your car tuned, done. This will clean up the engine bay, and help the idle with a cam when coming to a stop.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but could you please elaborate on this?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Oh, crap. I didn't even bother to look and see how old this thread was. :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.