Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us put together this combined list of the fastest G8's in the US...

combined lists from this forum and the grrrrrrrrrrr8 forum... and also facebook... and other sources...

The purpose was to get a totally comprehensive list as some dont do facebook and many dont do the forums... so here it is...

If you would like to be added to this "live" listing.... please let me know via this thread...-- post timeslip as usual.... and if its NA or power adder...

add your facebook name if you would like.. .. if not, no biggie..

thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eJFcQZQ8dNl-RZ1D6T6q6BiI3OXX2miiGZfE_xTg4a8/edit#gid=1424310442

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Under 11.50

RCR top end
NA
Mods in sig. image.jpg

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
updating list... thx guys... and Gardnertroy.... awesome 60' for a NA car..!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thank you sir!!

updating list... thx guys... and Gardnertroy.... awesome 60' for a NA car..!!!
still on the 28x10-17 Hoosier

·
Oz Bred
43 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Awesome 60'. Did you pull or disconnect the front sway? What suspension?
I haven't had a sway bar on the front in two years lol. I just have Bmr non adjustable trailing arms, diff bushings, on fe3's. Broke the spider gears on the next pass. Now it's All fixed sitting in the garage away from salt. I'd like to beaf up the rear next. 103k and ticking away ..... Literally:)

image.jpg

·
Oz Bred
43 Posts
I haven't had a sway bar on the front in two years lol. I just have Bmr non adjustable trailing arms, diff bushings, on fe3's. Broke the spider gears on the next pass. Now it's All fixed sitting in the garage away from salt. I'd like to beaf up the rear next. 103k and ticking away ..... Literally:)

View attachment 108441
How is it driving without the front sway? I have a built 3.45 with true trac ready to go in.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I do not have my time slip. Next time I will save it. I am down now so it will be a little while. 11.48 @ 118.7. da 2000 n/a with 416. fully weighted with driver about 4200 pounds.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Last year I got a 1.48 with a Yank SS 3600 at 2000 feet fully weighted so I would assume a Yank 4000 could do that easily.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I found mine. add me to the list. just squeaking in. the other car was a supercharged cobra from Vancouver. Sometimes the fastest car does not win. :)

Naturally aspirated at 2000 feet DA. ls3/416 with tiny cam.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a reminder--- take a look at the list and verify its correct with your times!!!... 11.5 or better..

THis is the most accurate list out there!!

thanks

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I've been getting a bunch of texts regarding the list and some peoples curiosity (as well as some animosity) towards my setup. I finally looked at the list and notice some details on it that don't truly reflect what's actually involved with my car. If anyone wants to know details on my car just ask me directly as I build, tune, and drive my own car.

First the setup is nowhere near maxed out, that was just a shakedown pass after swapping back to an auto after a stint of having a manual in the car. A foot braked, low boost, low timing cruise down the track. I hooked up the transbrake after the last track day to launch better because the car left so soft on the foot brake. It now builds double the boost in less then half the time, I have at least another 15lbs of boost to throw at it judging from what we've seen these stock blocks take, as well as a good amount of timing considering I'm on E85 and made that pass on pump gas timing. We have a few more track days left this year, looking forward to turning it up!

Yes its a 5.3L engine out of a 2005 Tahoe, basic low budget build with cam, valvesprings, rods and pistons. Its a custom twin turbo kit put together by me but does not have Borg 71mm turbos. I currently have twin Borg S369SXE turbos which have a 69mm compressor/73 turbine wheel. I happened into these turbos because I got a great deal on the pair for $1250! I hung them off Holley/Flowtech up and forward headers (under $200). So it goes to show you don't have to spend a lot of money to go fast.

Seems some people have an issue with weight, which is funny to me because RCR has been running lightweight cars for years and nobody balks at his results. Wreckwriter and Dans car were also lighter then stock but nobody seemed to give them grief when they had the record. While I did remove some things from the car I also added back in a lot of weight as the car is legal to run the times it does. Do the people commenting/complaining have proper safety equipment? Do they know what a 10pt cage, sfi bellhousing, crash bar, seat brackets/supports, harnesses, window net, etc that's required to be 8.50 legal weigh? Then factor in a small bore iron block, twin turbos, cast intake manifold, intercooler, etc... While I certainly wish my car was under 3400lbs, it certainly is not, its not even under 3600lbs. I do have plans to make it lighter over the winter and improve the whole setup. I don't have the fancy lightweight wheels most other guys on the list have, I run on $99 Summit knockoff specials that certainly aren't as light as Welds and I still have portly Brembo front brakes amongst other things.

Finally some of the comments on facebook are laughable, just because I'm not on facebook doesn't mean my friends don't show me what's posted. I don't look down on anyone's car, anyone who does is a poor sport in my opinion. I appreciate anything fast and the time and effort it takes to create such a vehicle, I don't care if its a 2100lb Honda or an 8000lb diesel truck if its fast I think its awesome! I understand people have different priorities but the motto run your car not your mouth comes to mind when reading certain peoples comments.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Well said. I'll also add that MGM GT did my turbo, fuel system, meth, suspension and brake system install on my car. He knows these cars backwards, forwards and with his eyes closed. I consider myself lucky to live close enough to him to have him work on my car. I too am not on FB, but knowing the comments I read in a YouTube video I was featured in, I know how the hate and ignorance spews. His car will surely go 8's (fastest G8?) and mine will surely go 9's (fastest GXP?).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts