Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going to Fayetteville tomorrow to make some passes in case others want to join. I expect to be there around 3pm. Track opens from 12-5!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I was originally going to go, but wife sprung some other plans on me. Looks like I'm out for tomorrow. Best of luck, get some vids and good times.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
I may be down to head down there. Daughter has softball practice at 12 so I should be out of there. Maybe she'd want to come with me. No racing for me though.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I may be down to head down there. Daughter has softball practice at 12 so I should be out of there. Maybe she's want to come with me. No racing for me though.
Get some baseline runs in at a minimum. You don't have to abuse it or anything, plus she needs to stretch her legs!

Doug, we'll will see you there! Hopefully my GoPro can ride along in your beast to show the world what an animal a g8 can be built into...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be down to head down there. Daughter has softball practice at 12 so I should be out of there. Maybe she's want to come with me. No racing for me though.
That sounds great Deezo! I'm going to go to Rick's first to switch out my wheels for his stickies; call me if you want to swing by with me to meet him. (919) 522-4678.

Get some baseline runs in at a minimum. You don't have to abuse it or anything, plus she needs to stretch her legs!

Doug, we'll will see you there! Hopefully my GoPro can ride along in your beast to show the world what an animal a g8 can be built into...
That would be great Troy!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds great Deezo! I'm going to go to Rick's first to switch out my wheels for his stickies; call me if you want to swing by with me to meet him. (919) 522-4678.
In addition Rick's got a G8 from up north that he's doing a bunch of work on this weekend you could take a look at!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I might be able to make it. Would be good to meet Rick and pick his brain a little more. Might give you a call Doug if I can make it. When do you think you'd be going by his place?

Also, my cars are slow! How much does it cost to run down the track? I really don't need a drag time to tell me they are slow lol!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I might be able to make it. Would be good to meet Rick and pick his brain a little more. Might give you a call Doug if I can make it. When do you think you'd be going by his place?

Also, my cars are slow! How much does it cost to run down the track? I really don't need a drag time to tell me they are slow lol!
$10 to get in $10 to run

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
$10 to get in $10 to run
Well, if I can make it, I guess $20 isn't bad to find out how slow...OK I know they aren't slow by most standards, but they are compared to you guys.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Well, if I can make it, I guess $20 isn't bad to find out how slow...OK I know they aren't slow by most standards, but they are compared to you guys.
GAH DAMNIT! I really wanted to line up with you!

My wife wanted to spend this weekend with me for family togetherness and originally she was going to go to the dragstrip with me, but realized there would be nothing for her and my son to do there and saw that the Mustang group is doing a big get together and food and such with other kids for my son to play with... so we are doing that. A happy wife is a happy life. Sorry guys.

I'd rather be drag racing :driving:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'm hoping to leave here at 1 which should put me at Rick's around 2:30; feel free to call anytime and we can coordinate (I'll be on the bike in the morning till about 12, but anytime after that is good.).

GAH DAMNIT! I really wanted to line up with you!

My wife wanted to spend this weekend with me for family togetherness and originally she was going to go to the dragstrip with me, but realized there would be nothing for her and my son to do there and saw that the Mustang group is doing a big get together and food and such with other kids for my son to play with... so we are doing that. A happy wife is a happy life. Sorry guys.

I'd rather be drag racing :driving:
A happy family is the most important thing! There'll be another day; enjoy the family!

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Doug, I will definitely call you. Softball practice shouldn't take too long.

Troy, I'll put her down the strip to see what she can do. :)

I've dragged the Max which is FWD but I'll need some pointers from you guys on launching these beasts and which tranny mode to use.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wish I could of made it. Never ran the G down the strip, but the wife and I did yard work. Hell I've never ran anything down a drag strip!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Wish I could of made it. Never ran the G down the strip, but the wife and I did yard work. Hell I've never ran anything down a drag strip!
Neither did I until I finally went with Troy and it's a blast. Shame I never got my G8 down the strip.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Yeah, it definitely was addicting and way better than throwing the Maxima down the strip like I used to do. The G8 definitely felt like it was made to do this.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Both very nice races, have to admit that Audi is sweet. Doug's car is amazing, sounds like a beast!

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Troy, do you have the one of me against the Mustang? I aught to upload the vids my son did. They were comical to say the least.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts