Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats to Boss Hogg!!! February 2012 G8 GT winner!

Here's what Boss Hogg had to say about his ride:

"After owning a daily driven 1998 Camaro Z28 6 speed for 10 years that eventually turned into a cam’d and nitrous beast running an 11.d0h4 @ 125mph, I decided to purchase a sensible family car in 2008. The GTO and CTS-V had been on my radar for years, but I never pulled the trigger on those cars. I needed a 4 door because my kids were no longer toddlers (nix GTO) and I wanted something under $30k (nix CTS-V), but I didn’t want a wimpy gas sipper. When the G8 GT was released, it was exactly what I wanted. Fast, dependable, & sexy! After the initial sticker prices came down, I purchased my 2008 G8 GT with the premium (black leather) & sport package in August of 2008.

Within 30 minutes after pulling my new car into the driveway, I broke out the hairdryer and began removing the badges. The next day, my son and I removed the mufflers to see what it sounded like & then quickly put them back on, lol. The fact that I intended to keep the car stock was an easy decision to make since not many parts were available for the G8 at that time. But as I began reading about new parts hitting the market, I started to get the mod bug again and succumbed to the temptation by adding a cold air intake & headers by the end of the year. A friend (BigTex) & I welded high flow cats and built a custom X pipe to get rid of the mid muffler.

By the middle of 2009, I was a full blown addict purchasing a set of Stern wheels and tires (thanks G8V8), lowering springs, dual electric cutouts, dual 3.5” tips to fill the GXP rear diffuser, and a TVS1900 from Magnacharger. In 2010, I added little things here resulting in a 12.d0h18 @ 115mph on a 1.80 60ft. In 2011, I decided to complete the all black theme by adding a painted Roto-Fab radiator & engine covers and set of VMR wheels. Fortunately, [email protected] moved nearby and installed the Holden black window molding for me (thanks Denis). Performance wise, I added a 3.1 pulley & LS9 injectors and PatrickG supplied the mail order tune via EFI Live.

Now that I’ve pretty much ran out of things to buy for the car (except those beautiful CTS-V Brembo brakes), I’m at the point where it’s just a fun daily driver. I just need to go back to the track to knock off that remaining .018 of a second for that elusive 11 second timeslip.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me and to Yeti for the tough competition. In closing, I'd say that my favorite thing about my G8 is that all the wrenching has been done by myself and a few friends in our own garages. Good times are shared with good friends doing what we love.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but here is my mod list:

Performance
Magnacharger TVS1900 w/ 3.1 pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, 1¾” JBA Headers, High Flow Cats, DMH Dual Electric Dumps remote controlled via Key Fob, EFI Live Tuning by Patrick G, Billet Prototypes Catch Can

Handling & Braking
20x9 VMR Black Matte V710 Wheels, 275/30/20 Continental Extreme DW Tires, H&R Springs, BMR Sway Bars, BMR LCAs, Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Appearance
PBM Painted Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, Engine Covers, & Grill; GXP Rear Diffuser, Dual 3.5" Stainless Steel Tips, PBM V6 Door Handles, Holden Black Window Molding, Limo Tint, Adam’s Polishes

Electronics
VVME 6000k 35w/55w HIDs, 6000k LED Fogs, Dashhawk, JHP Dual Gauge Pod, Cyberdyne Boost & Fuel Pressure Gauges, VIM, Reverse Camera, Alpine 6½” door speakers, Remote Controlled LED Engine Lights, LED Footwell Lights, LoJack
"

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats David!!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Congratulations as well!!!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats..........

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
I have seen Boss Hog's car in person on many occasions. The car truly is outstanding, something all G8s should aspire to, and the Boss himself is a good fella. Nice job on owning this month's G8 of the month, Boss!

J

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats on COTM and on your new E.T.'s! Well done!

EB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
jomoflymo
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing