Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Finn*_69 was last seen 4 h ago. Were the mufflers purchased using friends/family or goods/services?

Reactions: Slizzo

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is on and of here all the time...did friends and family unfortunately...didn't think it would be an issue the guy sent pictures to me of the mufflers with a current date so he has the parts but kept coming up short on shipping them...after waiting over 2 months I just want a refund...figured if I lost my money at least I can keep someone else from loosing theirs..

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
You would think that the forum members here would show some respect for one another when it comes to financial transactions. Some of these parts are hard to get as we all know and if you have to start worrying as to whether you are going to get the "shaft" or not when buying, that is not cool.

· Registered
200 Posts
You would think that the forum members here would show some respect for one another when it comes to financial transactions. Some of these parts are hard to get as we all know and if you have to start worrying as to whether you are going to get the "shaft" or not when buying, that is not cool.
I've unfortunately learned that this doesn't matter. They [scammers] either from overseas or domestically are actually joining forums and facebook groups and posing as active members sometimes. They'll always insist on using the [no buyer protection] methods of payment. Moral of the story: accept the ~3% tax from Paypal (or whatever) to send money as a goods/ services transaction so you're covered.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Well, hopefully with the OP calling him out, no one will purchase from 'ole Finn again.

Should members who don't complete a transaction be banded so it doesn't happen to someone else again?

Don't want this forum to get a bad reputation..

· Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Report Finn_69 to the administrator or a moderator. Finn_69 Registered Joined Sep 6, 2021
Last seen 15 m ago · [On Tapatalk]. Never pay using friends and family unless the person is an actual friend and family member. Under the old forum setup, a scammer had a significantly higher threshold to overcome in order to steal. At least forty posts of substance to begin or reply in a for sale thread. Point blank. Period. However, "men" whined, complained, fussed, threw tantrums, hissy fits, etc. so the rules were amended. Disagree that people can join the forum and essentially treat it like a trade show, swap meet or flea market. This is not eBay, Craigslist, newspaper classifieds, etc. Quite frankly, if a user has nothing now nor ever had anything to contribute, then go and peddle your [stuff] elsewhere. Stop trying to circumvent the fees other platforms charge and/or scam consumers. Suggest reading the following thread for future reference and adding the username to the thread if applicable. https://www.g8board.com/threads/scam-buyers-and-sellers-beware-read.287440/#post-3713074.

Reactions: Slizzo

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Since Slow_g8 started this thread, I'll defer to him about adding Finn to the list.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Thanks for monitoring.

· Banned
11 Posts
Hello Admin! Slow_g8 is accusing me of not shipping out to him. Before he made payments, I told him, I might not be able to ship to him immediately as I was out of town working on a project. He agreed and said he won't be needing the mufflers soon.

I kept on updating him on my movement and then I reached out to my cousin to help with the shipping but he couldn't due to some reasons. Which I told to Slow_g8 about it and he said no problem.

I got back close to Christmas and I wasn't able to ship because of the Yuletide and I told him I would ship once the new year is behind us but he insisted I refund him, which I did. Then he came complaining that he didn't get the refund. I called PayPal complaining about the transaction but nothing has been done and I told him to contact PayPal at his end as well.

· Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Since Slow_g8 started this thread, I'll defer to him about adding Finn to the list.
Correct and the user should be given an opportunity to state their side. Bear in mind, typically there are three sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: 95wagon

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
You are correct. You get old, you use the wrong terms sometimes.

:oops:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So what Finn_69 stated more or less is correct. I didn't think he was trying to scam me at this point but life more or less was just getting in the way and I decided to just take the refund. I requested a refund on the 26(paid for the items Novemer 14th) he replied on the 28th he would do so. I patiently waited and nothing. Informed him I hadn't received the refund and asked to just screen shot the transaction so I could see the transaction was made...nothing..I at this point do think I am getting scammed and decided to post on the forum. I made this post days after my last private message to Finn_69 to give him time but ultimately got no resolution...hopefully things will be resolved and I will keep the forum posted.

· Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,521 Posts
Good luck resolving fellas.

· Banned
11 Posts
I have taken the requested step by PayPal but it seems I've been temporary restricted from using my account. I really don't know what else to do at this point. Probably Slow_g8 has complained to PayPal resulting to the restriction.

· Registered
3,017 Posts
send him the funds with venmo -

1 - 20 of 35 Posts