Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Much to my surprise I ran an 11.8! The closest I came to that previously was 12.1 because I couldn't get my car to hook on the 555Rs. This time I just smoked them at 50mph for a looong time and it worked. I actually could have hit it more aggressively off the line but didn't get the chance to run again because someone's car caught on fire.

It feels good to be in the 11s.

GT with LS3 swap+cam and bolt-ons, 2800 CircleD, no spray, stock gears, 275/17 555r drag radial on Vette replicas:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Congrats your 11! Thats awesome!!! So you have a 6.2 AND a cam?

Seeing your time slip makes me further question my last one I got, all night running 12.6 or 7's at 111 mph and then my last run of the night a 12.57 @114mph? I KNEW something was wrong and you just confirmed it, thank you. I think it should have been 112 but for some reason printed 114 but I knew it COULDN'T be right!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Congrats man.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Very nice!

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
Congrats your 11! Thats awesome!!! So you have a 6.2 AND a cam?

Seeing your time slip makes me further question my last one I got, all night running 12.6 or 7's at 111 mph and then my last run of the night a 12.57 @114mph? I KNEW something was wrong and you just confirmed it, thank you. I think it should have been 112 but for some reason printed 114 but I knew it COULDN'T be right!
My car was running 12.5 at 115 then when i got better tires I got 12.2 at 118 and then when I did a gear swap i got [email protected] I really think it is all in the cam.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
O I have a similar setup to you expect a 3200 stall and Nittos NT05 (not the drag one) with 3.27 gears. have you tried running with the drag tires? I am wondering if I can pick up another tenth or two if I got some drag tires

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice to see those 555r's doing work, keep thinking about running them as my street tire since I dont dd it too much anymore...heard they wear well and hook pretty good.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats on getting into the 11's club!!

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I think with a better launch I could get down to an 11.7 - My TC locks up between 113 and 115 mph so that slows me right before the finish line.

The only other things I'm doing performance-wise in the future is swapping to a 3.27 and doing an FE3 setup. Originally, I was going to slap on a Maggie, but I'm going to give the car to my wife and I think 11's is plenty fast for her. I'm going sell her Solstice GXP to make room for a new Stingray next year :), hence why I'm letting her take the reigns of my G8.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Congrats! Awesome time!

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice to see those 555r's doing work, keep thinking about running them as my street tire since I dont dd it too much anymore...heard they wear well and hook pretty good.
They hook well as long as you do a good, long burnout. I can't say much for their wear because I only use them for drag racing.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
It was good meeting you!
I was very disappointed in my PB of 12.12 @114. Gotta get the trans tune looked at...no way it should be locked in first, and even with the crappy burnouts it should bark the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift.
I was wondering if you stuck around after the fire.

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still coming to bama next month?
I'm not sure yet. I'll know in about a week.

It was good meeting you!
I was very disappointed in my PB of 12.12 @114. Gotta get the trans tune looked at...no way it should be locked in first, and even with the crappy burnouts it should bark the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift.
I was wondering if you stuck around after the fire.
Nice seeing you there. Your 12.12 is a strong number but I know how you feel when you know your car will do better. I was going to stay after the fire and run again but I wasn't sure if you had to wear a helmet once you drop below 12 seconds. I didn't want to wait in that long line, after they cleared the fire, just to get turned away at the staging line.

Time to go ahead and buy a helmet.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
Thanks everyone. I think with a better launch I could get down to an 11.7 - My TC locks up between 113 and 115 mph so that slows me right before the finish line.

The only other things I'm doing performance-wise in the future is swapping to a 3.27 and doing an FE3 setup. Originally, I was going to slap on a Maggie, but I'm going to give the car to my wife and I think 11's is plenty fast for her. I'm going sell her Solstice GXP to make room for a new Stingray next year :), hence why I'm letting her take the reigns of my G8.

When I did my 3.27 i went from 12.1 to 11.8 would be good to see how much you pick up with it.

One guy was already running 11.8s and got the 3.45s and didn't pick up anything at the local track I was racing in. See what yours does.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Congrats on the 11s man. Must feel real good...

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I'm not sure yet. I'll know in about a week.

Nice seeing you there. Your 12.12 is a strong number but I know how you feel when you know your car will do better. I was going to stay after the fire and run again but I wasn't sure if you had to wear a helmet once you drop below 12 seconds. I didn't want to wait in that long line, after they cleared the fire, just to get turned away at the staging line.

Time to go ahead and buy a helmet.
yep, I was told by the track officials that they look for helmets at 13.0 - not sure how strict they look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts