Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· GR8WHIT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found a G8. I've been looking at these cars for close to a year! I got a 2008 White Hot G8 GT Sport Pkg with 85k miles for $15500 with extended warranty. I got it home Saturday and have been loving it! The previous 2 owners both work at the GM dealership where I got it so I got all the background of it and a pretty good feel of how it was treated. The 2nd owner probably drove it pretty rough. When I saw the car, it was in the back lot not even up for sale yet. A friend actually found it for me. Well 2 days later my husband and I went and looked at it. It was in awful shape... very dirty and there was damage on the front bumper. Then they opened the doors... what a mess! Trash, pill bottles, just junk everywhere. Reeked of cigarette smoke. Tires had NO tread left, completely bald. One of them was going flat because they were in such bad shape. They wouldn't even let us do a test drive. All we did was drive it around the lot. It shifted great, no squeaking. All the buttons worked, nothing major was wrong except for the cosmetics and tires. Well my husband works at a body shop and was telling me how cheap it would be to fix. I just couldn't walk away. They said they had to put tires on it before they could let it leave. They were going to add that to the price of the car so we said how about if we get tires and yall mount and balance and they didn't mind. So I talked them down from $16500 to $15500 with a huge smile on my face. We found tires with 95% tread for $500. We told them we would detail it ourselves if we could just have it now. They said they wouldn't feel right letting it leave without being cleaned. So they cleaned it, put new brakes on it and changed the oil. Now my husband is on the hunt for his own G8 GT lol.

· GR8WHIT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha well we've actually been down that road before. He has 2002 Camaro Z28 and about 4 yrs ago I bought one, which at the time, was faster than his. He didn't like that very much so that's when he got his cammed and put diff heads on it. Then we had our son and I had to sell mine:( I love this G8 mainly because it's a 4 door. But I'm sure if/when he does get one it'll def be a repeat of the Camaro's.

· Registered
2,180 Posts
Haha well we've actually been down that road before. He has 2002 Camaro Z28 and about 4 yrs ago I bought one, which at the time, was faster than his. He didn't like that very much so that's when he got his cammed and put diff heads on it. Then we had our son and I had to sell mine:( I love this G8 mainly because it's a 4 door. But I'm sure if/when he does get one it'll def be a repeat of the Camaro's.
i played that game with my gal when we had GTO's, lol

now she drives a CTS-v, and i drive the g8... i'm faster... always have been :gears:

welcome and congrats on the new ride :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.