Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Finally done detailing.

3K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  GXPaycheck 
#1 ·
I took 7 hours to detail the exterior. Clay bar, cutting agent, and Polish. Still have to seal the paint. This is my first photo. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 ·
Great work!

#14 · (Edited)
Awesome job. It is amazing how well pampered G8's can be rubbed and buffed to look better than new ten years hence. You the man.

#20 ·
It is hard to find that kind of time but once you set your mind to do it and have tunes in the garage it was kind of nice to take care of it. I was exhausted after I was done and my arms felt like they were going to fall off. There may be a professional detail job done in my future since 7 hours is a long time.

#23 ·
Did you do the Meguiars 105/205 combo? The paint came out really nice. Also what pads did you use? Griot's orange?

#24 ·
Thanks!! I used Meguires 105 and chemical guys V38. I am not done yet though. I am using Wolfgang paint sealant next. I used a D8 with a orange light cutting pad and then a Chemical guys ultra lite finishing pad.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.