Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last piece of my mod puzzle went in yesterday afternoon! Had my Kooks 1 7/8" LT's installed with the SOLO "off-road" (catless) connection pipes to my existing Mach Shorty Unbalanced with J Pipes. Couldnt ask for more, car sounds rumbly at idle, nothing to loud and obnoxious IMO, but once you get to 2g RPM, you know theres something there..and at WOT.....sounds like a TRex is chasing me! :patriot: ('MMMMercaaa) Love it and highly recommend the setup to anyone! Ill compile a video later when im home, as i am at work right now. For now, heres a pretty little picture that was taken when they were throwing the Wideband o2 sensor in that Zepcom had wired up for me! Cant wait for summer meets, to hear how others compare in sound. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Awesome, we gotta throw one of my gopro's on there once springtime hits and get some sound videos on there for ya. Glad you got your AFR finally installed also... next time we meet up in the nice weather, I can't wait to hear it. :)

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i love the sound and the bottom end out of the car now...its beautiful! lol i agree Zep, we should put one on the back bumper and then one of the side of the car lol i wonder what the car sounds like from behind me haha all i know is i hear a trex when i plant it ..oh ya, i and i notice, at idle..AFR is 14.7-.9 and at WOT its 12.9-13.1 ..is that a little lean? and ive officially started driving it for the year lol i couldnt let it sit anymore

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
What tune do you have on there now?

Did you disconnect the battery for 2 hours (leave trunk OPEN!) after putting on the headers so it could reset the previously-learned fuel trims and other settings?

If not, I recommend it.

And is it out in the snow today? argh, thought you said it wouldn't see snow or salt. It's bad enuf that mine does... :wink2:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the mach shorty with HFCs and Ill be getting my LTs soon. Im really torn between the catless (which I want) and having solo change the cats to fit.
They said its really loud with the catless setup and most people add the cats later..

As a DD is it overly loud lol? Like would there be potential to be pulled over for it being too loud?

Videos help when you can, thanks!

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What tune do you have on there now?

Did you disconnect the battery for 2 hours (leave trunk OPEN!) after putting on the headers so it could reset the previously-learned fuel trims and other settings?

If not, I recommend it.

And is it out in the snow today? argh, thought you said it wouldn't see snow or salt. It's bad enuf that mine does... :wink2:
New tune for the headers and current mods..I just disconnected it and will let it sit over night..doesnt the fuel trim memory get reset when you flash the new tune? Cause i noticed after i flashed her everything was at 0.00 fuel trim wise.

As for snow and salt...this morning looked promising, on the way home i was biting my teeth, so i took it through a spray and wash on the island, then washed it in the garage once it was home lol and made sure to get door jams, underhood, and underbody..she'll be okay lol

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill post a cold start video tomorrow morn before work, its really not to bad at a warm idle compared to Solo HFC vs catless..only noticeable difference is at WOT and when getting up to 2000rpm to pass..which is exactly what i was looking for..other than that cruising at 1000-1750 rpm is perfect..i personally don't see any chance of switching back but u have to make sure u know people to get tht little sticker that says u pass inspection haha as for being pulled over...amherst (more strict/picky/generally prick) cop pulled me over and asked me if i thought it was cool to "rev my engine" (when i just normally accelerated) accelerating from a red light, and that he could give me a ticket for my tints and "muffler"....god i wish it was just a muffler,would've cost a hell of alot less....lol

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Lol, my exhaust is SUPER LOUD, and I have had police follow me and never received a ticket or been pulled over for it (knock on wood). When I had just the headers (catless) and N/A, I was pulled over a few times but not once did they mention my exhaust.

Most of the times, they actually start talking about how nice it looks and sounds. I usually try to start the conversation with, "I hear you force is getting a bunch of these". They usually laugh and it breaks the ice.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha nicee,i didnt get a ticket he just ran my info and handed it back..and for the first time in my life, he asked for my insurance card..well my policy renewed over winter, when it was stored, and i havent gotten around to putting the new card in the car..lol oops, he didnt say anything though! sorry no video this morning, was running late, ill try on my break or something though

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it is a beautiful day in Grand Island/Niagara Falls NY! While i was cleabing my tips on the exhaust i decided that it was a great time for a video..its currently being saved to my computer and will be uploaded soon! The vids dont really do the exhaust tone justice with the mic on my phone..stay tuned!

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
sounds awesome.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15