Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 24k trans. Beefed up the 4,5,6 and 3,5,r by adding a extra clutch and steel. Camaro pan kit. Sfi flexplate. Had yank cut and clean my converter and send me N sfi flexplate and all arp bolts. I went with the b&m supercooler this time. Stays around 165-185 seems good for now. Just a few short test drives. Now all I need is to get back to the tuner and this nightmare is over :)

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Congrats! Glad everything is coming back full circle for you. Hope it stays perfect and the car continues to run strong!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, been a lot of blood and sweat. and some more blood and sweat.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks to jpG8GT for some time out of his day to come help me out. tag teamed it. and Rick Crawford for the trans tips

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
No problem Troy. Wish I could've stayed longer but had to work on that sweet old skool GNX.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. He just recommended a few tricks if I was gonna rebuild it. So I just did the extra clutches and steels on the used trans. Should have put all new clutches in but they looked good. Drove decent on the test drive today. Shifted liked a stock trans with a stall so I let out on my shifts to get it home. I didn't need to just wanted to be safe. Now for the tune. Gonna try for a day off this week. Gonna sit till then

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem Troy. Wish I could've stayed longer but had to work on that sweet old skool GNX.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
We could sell that GNX and buy us some f1 prochargers and short blocks. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts