Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to my friends shop today, rainbow tint for you w.n y. Locals . Would definitely recommend him. So I wanted something a little different, nothing crazy. He told me of a tint he ordered that was used for BMW. He said a lot of tint shops don't bother to carry it do to its price. Its supposed to keep out heat better then your standard tint . It was a little bit more then the normal stuff but I said sure. I went with a 50% all around. He told me There's supposed to be a blue haze to it but I don't see it , not really. There are three or four pics

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/funkygreens/IMAG0239_zps706c6786.jpg

·
Big D
333 Posts
i dont see the blue haze to it either but it looks nice.

A little light for my taste but i understand that my 20% would be on the crazy side and well not really legal side as well.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yea ,I figured this was light enough to keep the cops away

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks jax. My guy told me two days to set up. Did this yesterday afternoon ,so should I be set by tomorrow afternoon? Its been sunny and hot and want to roll the Windows down sooo bad. I'm not an s/c guy

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks real good, I have been dragging my feet on doing mine.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw on my sales slip it sales three to seven days. Man that sucks. I am gonna call him monday and get his advice. I would think with it being nothing but beautiful weather wise and no rain. The sun and having no moisture would bake it on and set up quicker

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks real good, I have been dragging my feet on doing mine
thanks .
Me too. It took me a year to do it. Wasn't sure how dark and to do the fronts or not . Its only legal at 70 percent for front driver and pass. Windows. At that percentage ,its almost clear and pointless. I did a 50%.

·
Registered
295 Posts
thanks .
Me too. It took me a year to do it. Wasn't sure how dark and to do the fronts or not . Its only legal at 70 percent for front driver and pass. Windows. At that percentage ,its almost clear and pointless. I did a 50%.
Man thats harsh, where do you live?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New York

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I like it! Nice thing about the G8 is the totally black interior, it helps out the tint even if it is lighter.
Im glad I chose 35%, all my friends say it looks darker than it is from the inside.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys . I'm starting to think that he was high or you have to be high in order to see the blue haze the guy was speaking on.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was this the stuff ?
3M™ Crystalline Automotive Films

A local shop wants like $550 for it...regularly it's
I honestly don't know the companies name. I should of asked him. He did tell me it was a good 500 for a roll of film. So do you mean 550 for the windows to be done or 550 for the roll. I assume you meant the roll .
Thanks Louisiana !

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh Hell no. That's crazy, for a window tint. Is this supposed to be the same as what I had described in my first post. That sounds like a lot of money for a tint that it better be way better then what I got. Yea ,probably not the same stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.