Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headers have been something I've wanted to put on the car since I first looked at it. I finally ordered some JBA shortys and they should be in tomorrow. Hoping to install them that day if they come early enough!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will! I had to it new oem header gaskets which will be here tomorrow. Shop it closed on Sundays so I'm dropping it off monday morning for same day install!

·
OGOC MEMBER
320 Posts
Put 'r' ther good to hear, I'm sure you will love the new sound along with the added gains, your engine like you now it can breathe better. Looking forward to the new sound clip .
Cheers and enjoy it
Eric

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Headers have been something I've wanted to put on the car since I first looked at it. I finally ordered some JBA shortys and they should be in tomorrow. Hoping to install them that day if they come early enough!
Let me know as well as I am curious on this to find out how you like these.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I take my car in Monday morning only for the shop to tell me their 2nd mechanic called out sick so the car wouldn't be done until the next morning. I needed my car that night so I decided to take it in Tuesday. I get a call Tuesday morning after dropping my car off and the mechanic tells me that autozone gave me header gaskets instead of the exhaust manifold gasket set along with the lower O-rings which have to be special ordered for an additional $234 and wont arrive until tomorrow morning. I went ahead and ordered those so now i'm hoping to have my car back mid day tomorrow!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe its just me but $234 for gaskets and o-rings seems pretty high. Are these coming from AU or something?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe its just me but $234 for gaskets and o-rings seems pretty high. Are these coming from AU or something?
That's what I was thinking but these guys have a good rep and have done work on my family's vehicles so i'm just going to go with what they say on this one

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headers are a no go. They took my engine apart and looked at it and said it wont work. The headers will fit to the engine, but the alignment for the cats is different and wont work. My only option was to custom fab a pipe from the heads to exhaust and run no cats which is illegal here.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
In this case JBA stands for Job Bollixed Again? This is not good to hear about given the other difficulties that you have encountered. Hope that some resolution occurs for you .

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is sad news, I was really hoping it would work out for you. It's a mod I was going to consider but now I guess custom is the only way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
hello this is disappointing to hear, i too understand your frustation i bought some headmen short headers from the camaro and found out that only my left side header fit and not the passenger due to g8 v6 has a metal water pipe which gets closed to passenger header, so the muffle shop wouldn't touch it.

currently one of them is not installed so I'm waiting to maybe take it to some header fabrication shops to see how much they charge to cut the header and slightly move it over one inch or if its possible and how much they'll charge. or other option is I'm gonna have to buy a new set from australia just for the right header, sad right and get it installed with high flow cat and weld on my force system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
G8CrEppER
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing