Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally had a chance to get out to the track. Went to Cecil Country Dragway with a few of my buddies from MD. The place was deserted because they had been calling for rain but it never came. I was able toget seven runs in. I was expecting low 13's but the track had something in-store for me. Started out 13.281, 13.109 and 13.090. I was beyond pleased with those numbers and my trend.

Took a little time off and came back for a few more: 14.079, 13.160 and 13.090. The sixth run was going to be my last, but I spun a touch off the line so I went back for one more. Boy did it pay off...12.983!!! When I got the slip I was like a 5 year old finding out that they were going to Disney. I will attach the slip. Mods are in my sig. Ran on Hankook Ventus V12s with less than half tread.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Great job and very impressive for no headers!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Come to Pittsburgh Raceway this Thursday!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Wow, very impressive times for such mild mods! I'm gunning for 12's this year hopefully. Nice work man!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come to Pittsburgh Raceway this Thursday!
I'd love to, but I am closing on a house on Thursday. Let me know when you are going back out and I will try my best to get there. I have wanted to go for a while.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! The DA was pretty good. I believe it was around 300, so that certainly helped my times out. Headers are potentially in the future, but with a wedding this year and buying a house tomorrow it won't be for a year or two. Eventual goal is 12.5 on the stock motor...who knows what in 10 years when there is something else in it.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Very nice, you've got a strong motor! My car got slower and slower the more I ran it. Even with a long cool down.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice times especially for the mods as everyone has commented! Congratulations!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts