Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 23,000 mile 6l80 from a 2009 rollover for $992 shipped and no core.
Then I orderd the camaro pan kit from pace and sent my converter to Dave at yank to cut and clean for me. Now I HAVE TO GET a bigger trans cooler. That PCM for less cooler wasn't nearly enough for my application. Thinking about b&m supercooler $ 79.99 at summit. And I need a new Flex plate. Should I get a stocker or is there a good aftermarket for a g8? Any suggestions on coolers and flexplates welcome:ibtl:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Congrats! No advise here on the cooler, sorry. I was folloing your old thread when it blew. Just stopped by to say good luck. Pm me when you get your new cooler, I may take your old one off your hands.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Acctually that sounds like a bad idea. I wouldn't sell you this cooler. Even with a flush, it still had burnt fluid and clutch materials running through it. I flushed the cooler when I dropped my trans just so I wouldn't have to do it later. But then I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to run that Pcm for less cooler anyways. Who knows what could be inside there. Plus the cooler is junk in the first place that's what ruined my trans. it didn't keep it cool enough at all. Whoever made that is a complete idiot. And I am a idiot for buying into it but you play you pay to be all better soon :)

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize it was such a bad cooler. I just figured it wasn't big enough for your setup. Plus I figured with a good solvent flush it'd be ok. Thanks for your honesty, I'm not in a big rush to get one I suppose more research is in order. Anywho, good luck man, I'm lookin forward to reading your progress and seeing what she will do with the new trans and spray! I'm having a camaro pan installed on my new trans also. I opted not to spend the money on a stall just of yet.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In see you dont have a stall so a new one would propably be fine for you. big stall=big heat

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Definitely get a new flexplate. It's a known weak point. Get an SFI spec plate.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
For the cooler insight, I'd visit ls1tech, corvetteforum, camaro5, grrrr8 and crawl around those forums awhile. 6l80, ls3 etc are generically the same independent of chassis. Only the fitment, not size, of the cooler would be specific. Much more activity over on those boards.

Caveat Emptor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts