Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was bored this Sunday and decided the G8 needed the Firehawk scheme. Thought it turned out pretty well. Best part about it, was I had about 20 dollars invested in the whole project. Was so glad I could finally get rid of the front badge. Plasti dip really is amazing stuff. Here are some pics. Opinions? Thanks.

·
QWIK
422 Posts
I like it! Looks like a professional job, definitely doesn't look like a $20 job...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Man nice job with the Plasti dip.

·
GM Fanboi....
110 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Looks good

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i usually hate stripes and stuff like that, but that looks great man.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That looks really nice! I was thinking about doing something similar, but I didn't know what it would look like in person.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Everybody!! I thought the same thing before doing it. I had never actually seen this in person, only pictures and videos. I must say it looks way better in person than it did on screen. Just about everyone who has seen it thinks its vinyl...haha

That looks really nice! I was thinking about doing something similar, but I didn't know what it would look like in person.

·
Registered
596 Posts
How did you do the arrow head? I do not see the holes? Did you fill them and just cover it with the plastidip?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a small amount of Bondo and filled the holes. If you look very close you can see where the holes are. But from a few feet away it's not noticeable. Overall I'm very happy with how everything came out.

How did you do the arrow head? I do not see the holes? Did you fill them and just cover it with the plastidip?

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Looks great. How many coats of plastidip?

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Looks awesome. Really good job!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks Everybody!! I thought the same thing before doing it. I had never actually seen this in person, only pictures and videos. I must say it looks way better in person than it did on screen. Just about everyone who has seen it thinks its vinyl...haha

Well if you're going to make it to the Kaukauna meet in May I'd love to check it out! I really like the pinstripe, I was worried I couldn't do that with Plastidip

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be honest. I was worried about how the finish was going to be. I failed last year, trying to dip my previous GT roof. Watched a couple vids before doing it, big thing is to spray on as evenly as possible. I actually put a different spray tip on the can, which has a wider spray pattern making it easier for larger surfaces like the hood. I will be at the Kaukauna Pontiac show. Look forward to seein ya there!!

Well if you're going to make it to the Kaukauna meet in May I'd love to check it out! I really like the pinstripe, I was worried I couldn't do that with Plastidip

1 - 20 of 37 Posts