Pontiac G8 Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
GM Holden Ltd
523 Posts
Well.... talking about a 6.0L motor, hood scoops, and twin exit exhaust. In November of 2003. I have a photo of a mule with an experimental 05 hood ... the photo was taken in December of 2003.

ah yes, cameras are a big no-no

luckily i dont have access to pre-release information or development, so most of the info i can give is already available somewhere else :D

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
I was thinking of adding a "888" icon to member's who purchase a 888 G8.

For verification I was going to have people send me a photo of their RPO sticker with a sticky note next to it with their screen name written down.

In some ways I view it like the founding members icon on the LS1GTO.com site. I don't think many know the origins of that badge. People who ordered a 2004 GTO with out even seeing one back in 2003 tracked their GTO's being built had their Order #'s and build status as a part of their account information. After the first batches were built and delivered I replaced all that information with the "Founding Members" icon. If you hover your cursor over that icon on LS1GTO.com you'll see the order #, status (6000 = delivered), and the color of the GTO.

Just a neat little fact.
So DY, now that the first 888 are being snatched up, will we be able to see something like this under the owners screennames if they can provide substantial proof of ownership? Also, what about "2008 G8 Owner / Holden SSV Owner, etc." indications for the profiles, similar to what you have on ls1gto.com?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was thinking of adding a "888" icon to member's who purchase a 888 G8.

For verification I was going to have people send me a photo of their RPO sticker with a sticky note next to it with their screen name written down.

In some ways I view it like the founding members icon on the LS1GTO.com site. I don't think many know the origins of that badge. People who ordered a 2004 GTO with out even seeing one back in 2003 tracked their GTO's being built had their Order #'s and build status as a part of their account information. After the first batches were built and delivered I replaced all that information with the "Founding Members" icon. If you hover your cursor over that icon on LS1GTO.com you'll see the order #, status (6000 = delivered), and the color of the GTO.

Just a neat little fact.
I want a "first 888" icon ! I'm #878.

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
I would like the "first 888" icon as well. I do not have a pic of my car up because i am borderline "computer illiterate." The file size of my pics are too small. but once I can get my brain to function properly, pics will be up to prove that I am LEGIT!

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Paging DY.....

·
Maniac at the wheel
366 Posts
yeah,man!! cool idea.

I dont think I need to tell you my number!!!

<--------------

·
It's good to be back
78 Posts
Got mine today. The Monaro is no longer my DD.

·
Registered
407 Posts
# 532 is a Magnetic Gray GT with Premium and Sport packages, currently for sale at Colonial Pontiac, Lawrenceville, GA for MSRP plus a "Limited Availability Premium" of $2000

They've had it for a while.

BJ

·
Registered
134 Posts
# 532 is a Magnetic Gray GT with Premium and Sport packages, currently for sale at Colonial Pontiac, Lawrenceville, GA for MSRP plus a "Limited Availability Premium" of $2000

They've had it for a while.

BJ
Carl Black Pontiac in Kennesaw, GA has a black and red non 888 GT premium, sport and sunroof for list price + $3000 Market Adjustment. That puts them just under $37K!

And the dealers are complaining sales are down. Do you think sales might be down because of their own stupidly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So is the G8 going to have an LS3 standard next year then? ;)

I know they are going to have an GXP which is going to have the ls3 but i haven't heard anything about them having a standard yet...it is still early to tell but as of this moment no on the standard

·
Red Sox Nation !!!
2,665 Posts
Carl Black Pontiac in Kennesaw, GA has a black and red non 888 GT premium, sport and sunroof for list price + $3000 Market Adjustment. That puts them just under $37K!

And the dealers are complaining sales are down. Do you think sales might be down because of their own stupidly?
Bahhh, hows that person feel. There is # 452 on ebay for $19k.

Sucker

81 - 97 of 97 Posts