Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my vivid linq tuner all set up this evening and decided to take the car out for a test drive - still can't figure out how to buy the k&n cai tune, but guess I'll have to call sc in the morning. So I was on the final leg of my test drive cruising home when this car came flying up from behind and cut in front of me on the highway exit ramp. It was a damn turbo hhr, blue lights stickers and all. Decided I wasn't actually going back home until I put in a true tuner test drive... We made a few half-ass pulls from the stop lights but couldn't quite open up in a congested 35 mph road. I noticed quickly that he wasn't gonna be the quick easy kill I expected. He was at least intake, exhaust, & tune. Once we finally got further out, we both knew it was go time. We ran them up to about 130 and could really tell where the extra HP v8 shines at higher speeds. After that we shut it down and called it quits before our local boys in blue showed up looking for us. (130 in a 45... Probably not the best idea) End result was 3 of 4 (Messed up and had it in manual mode in too high of a gear). Each race was from a 10-20mph roll, but I didn't think they should have been as close as they were. Are those faster than I thought or am I in need of a driver mod?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I wouldn't have thought much of the HHR either. Hmm. Congrats on your kill .

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You're in need of stop racing in traffic mod. And the car was a turbo hhr? Yeah you need some driver mod for sure.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
If that car hung with you, im sure he had alot if not all of mods you can to those. There pretty heavy cars with 260 ish hp from factory. High 14s stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not the best driver by any means, but still felt it shouldn't have been as close as it was. This is the first performance car I have driven with an automatic though. I am still figuring out how to drive with it. Honestly, I think he was full bolt on from the sound, but in my opinion it was only a close race because I couldn't get the car to stay in a lower gear from the roll. He had it wound up at take off but the g8 had enough hesitation from the down shift lag that he would pull ahead at first. Other than manual mode which seems to shift slow as sh*t, can anyone give me some advice as to rolling starts with the A6?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Other than manual mode which seems to shift slow as sh*t, can anyone give me some advice as to rolling starts with the A6?
Easy solution, start in Manual mode, in the gear you want, prolly 2nd. Once you get on the throttle, slap the shifter quickly to the left and back right to put it back in sport. Game, set, match, and whatever winning phrase you like. :gears:

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Against an HHR, no need to slap it back to the right. Pick your manual gear, hit it hard, slap it LEFT, two hands on the wheel. Game over.

But 100+ in a 45mph...never, never, NEVER.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
Yeah.... That speed will most likely result in Jail, court, and a huge fine. Be careful.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Agree with everyone up above about starting in manual the punching it and then slapping it over to drive. You have to know what speeds are good for each gear to. For your car anything for a dig to about 30 mph would be manual 1st gear, 40-60 manual 2nd, the higher the better (50-55 sweetspot for 2nd) and 70+ would be manual 3rd gear.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
those HHR SS Turbos put down about 265/300 and are about 3200lbs if they've got the factory upgraded tune. 104-105mph car in the 1/4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts