Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Jay, I purchased my g8 GT with 7,400 miles and be enjoying everytime i get in this beauty. My car is the AUTOMATIC and the ls2 version which you probably already know. I have around 15K to spend on up grades and want to keep a reliability in the car, but want as much HP as possible. I seen the arguments about SUPERCHARGER AND TURBOS but what strain do the both have on the powertrain? If i can get around 550 to 600 to the Rear wheel with reliability I would be so damn HAPPY. My g8 is not a everyday driver but maybe a weekend driver so if that helps. I just can't believe Pontiac is gone damn this car is BAD ASS!!!! Please any any help with my upgrades would be greatly appreciated. Have a great year everyone and g8 4 LIFE lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on the buy and welcome. Confused about your LS2 version though..... Do you mean LS3? and if so that means you have a GXP not a GT. The GT has a LS3 variant but its real name is a L76

·
Registered
906 Posts
Gt is a combo of the ls2, ls3 and dod parts. As far as which route to go, there are tons of posts for either so you should come up with some answers if you do a search. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the confusion. Yea I just have the gt but wanted to get me some more HP but I will take a look at the posts. Thank you for your hospitality and I love my G8

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy.......................

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Welcome. You from the SF bay area? If so nice to see another G8 around these parts. Dont see too many.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
DAPG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing