Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic run down stock weight, 19" v wheels up front 17s out back with mh racemasters

rcr blower cam,
ported inlet lsa with 2.7 upper 10% od lower
102 tb and 5" intake
E70 fuel
2" headers to solo 3" catback
stock trans, stock gears and stock converter still
tuned by me

First pass I blew off the tires , second pass I went off idle and clicked off a 10.5 at 131 .
Its got a little more in it if I could made another pass but it was just to busy at the track . In 6 hours I only made 2 passes

pretty happy for my first time out with it, hope I can find a video

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Congratulations! Feels great, doesn't it?

First pass I blew off the tires , second pass I went off idle and clicked off a 10.5 at 131 .
Its got a little more in it if I could made another pass but it was just to busy at the track . In 6 hours I only made 2 passes.
This is why I only do private rentals. I don't have the time or patience for test n tune shenanigans, tomfoolery or ballyhoo.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Excellent. Are you satisfied with that time, bettering it/think it has little more in it and/or doing some additional modifications?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations! Feels great, doesn't it?

This is why I only do private rentals. I don't have the time or patience for test n tune shenanigans, tomfoolery or ballyhoo.
This was a private rental sadly, but there was two groups of cars who had rain out return passes from previous weeks rentals so it was mobbed !
6 hours I only made two passes

Excellent. Are you satisfied with that time, bettering it/think it has little more in it and/or doing some additional modifications?
Im very happy with the time considering it was my first time running the car, but its definitely got more in it .

The shifts can be bumped up a touch, I could load the converter a bit instead of leaving off idle, and I was heat soaked from sitting in the long staging line. I started the run with a IAT of 110 and it pulled timing by the end of the run. it was just to long of a line but I wish i commanded my fans on with the scanner, didn't think of it though.

I also think id like to add a zl1 converter to the mix and some lighter front runners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts