Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the rain decided to stay away yesterday so I drove down to edgewater to see how it would do. First pass was a [email protected] I forgot to log the pass so I went again so I could see what it was doing. Somehow I got mixed up in a 1/8 mile test n tune for a next day event so I didn't get the 1/4 stats but I did get a scan this time which was not good. A couple days ago I put a OD cog pulley on it and put a bigger pulley up front thinking I would be at the same psi (WRONG) It was pushing to much boost for my pump gas and was getting kr and pulling all my timing out and my iat's were all out of control. I decided to put the biggest pulley I had back on and make another pass. Ran a [email protected] Scan looked a little better but boost was still too high for what fuel I was running. Talked to Rick and think we have something worked out for it. DA was 2077 and track wasn't great and was hitting the limiter on the 3-4 shifts so I'm sure there is some left in it. But all in all I can't complain I drove 1hr 20 min there and back in one piece so all is well. Here is a link to a crappy phone video lol
http://s85.photobucket.com/user/tim...C-10715-0000044288132DF3_zps4a2f1861.mp4.html

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Congrats some damn good times considering the high DA. Good run from the vid too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the iat's are the bigger issue so I think the plan is to mix in some water with the meth for cooling.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Damn impressive man. Sounds mean as hell and nice launch too! Way to represent! :gears:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
How much boost did it bump it up too? Should be able to run at least 12lbs on pump gas... and a little more on meth. Odd the IAT's were high while spraying meth, I spray meth on my turbo car and it knocks down IAT's a lot!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much boost did it bump it up too? Should be able to run at least 12lbs on pump gas... and a little more on meth. Odd the IAT's were high while spraying meth, I spray meth on my turbo car and it knocks down IAT's a lot!
lol 16psi

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah on the dyno it was 12.5-13

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
So those are 1/4 mile times not 1/8? Why did you say 1/8 then?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts