·
Registered
219 Posts
mother of god.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
OMG. 'dat lope. :)

Are you going to take that pretty little thing to g8gone this year I hear? I HAVE to see that thing on the track!

--zep

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much was the custom exhaust if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll send you a PM.

OMG. 'dat lope. :)

Are you going to take that pretty little thing to g8gone this year I hear? I HAVE to see that thing on the track!

--zep
Not positive if I'm going or not. If I do, I probably won't race since its on the stock clutch and stock axles. I don't really wanna break anything so far from home.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'll send you a PM.

Not positive if I'm going or not. If I do, I probably won't race since its on the stock clutch and stock axles. I don't really wanna break anything so far from home.
you're going.

also that vid is cool... i saw my exhaust in there... on the ground. lol

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
why no X pipe?
turbos don't need scavenging., mines the same

It does surprise me though how many people forget that the whole point in an x pipe isn't sound, but rather how exhaust pulses are balanced.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
joels welding is awesome, just comparing the pics mine and yours its amazing.

he cut J's in for you? your system seems to be pretty much 1 piece to the axle back portion, mine is 3, the main section, and one pipe off each turbo.

and pick up your damn car so i can do these mids!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
joels welding is awesome, just comparing the pics mine and yours its amazing.

he cut J's in for you? your system seems to be pretty much 1 piece to the axle back portion, mine is 3, the main section, and one pipe off each turbo.

and pick up your damn car so i can do these mids!
Didn't do J's yet.... He said to drive it, and see if I even need them, and if so, he can figure something out.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yours sounds WAYYY louder than mine, part of it could be the cam, some of it could be the J's, really their purpose is tone and drone, so maybe its just yours is more "hollow" or "deep" than mine... not sure how to describe it.

we'll get together sometime and compare i'm sure.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yours sounds WAYYY louder than mine, part of it could be the cam, some of it could be the J's, really their purpose is tone and drone, so maybe its just yours is more "hollow" or "deep" than mine... not sure how to describe it.

we'll get together sometime and compare i'm sure.
Indeed.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
No mufflers?... maybe I couldnt see them?.... Do you have police friends near you or are they super cool??... I know a couple near me that would kill me if i didnt have muffs....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
No mufflers?... maybe I couldnt see them?.... Do you have police friends near you or are they super cool??... I know a couple near me that would kill me if i didnt have muffs....
Turbos go a long way toward quieting it down, it's night and day vs say an open headers/dumped ls motor.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Turbos go a long way toward quieting it down, it's night and day vs say an open headers/dumped ls motor.
well thats good... Sound great!!! I was looking at doing no mufflers but I had them discconnected and could not stand the sound... way too loud for any street so I was just curious on yours... but that makes sense...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
10 Participants
gtp6515
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing